Ultrasound help??? (NF)

im doing an essay on ultrasounds, for diagnosing ilnesses. i need to find out more info on impact on everyday life, and environment, ive found as much as i can by GOOGLING, just was curious to see if there are any experts or any 1 who knows a bit about this who can lend a little knowledge thnx much

Edited by urbanangler

Well the last time I saw one in operation was when my wife was pregnant, so guess what, get preg...naw never mind. :thumbsup_anim: They do work well, mom was in the hospital 6 months ago, blood clot behind the knee, sa it one the scope, the tech there was quite good with the transducer, explained thing quite well.

Edited by Fisherman

They use Ultra sound for Physical therapy as well.

It helps to reach and warm muscles deep...

I Broke my ankle a few years ago, and that was the first thing they did at the appointments was get my ankle and foot

all lathered up with gew, and they ran the paddles over the ankle and foot for about 10 minutes before I got into the rest of the therapy.

Worked well for loosening up the muscles, and got the ligaments moving a bit better.

just like cookslav said,i seperated my shoulder a few years back ,and man did that hurt :stretcher: ,anyway i went for weekly ultrasound treatments on it and it went real deep into the muscles and heated them up real warm almost so it was very hot, :w00t: and it helped even more than the excercises and rubbing therapy,so its just another way in which it can be used,other than to look at an unborn child,hope it helps for your project paper....cheers and good-luck :thumbsup_anim: