lake Nipissing chart for lowrance

aplumma

I am looking to see if someone can give a review on the current version and if they recommend it. I know Bernie has in the past said the accuracy is poor on some of the versions. If you can add which version/year or other info it would helpful

thanks

Art

Art, I have the Navionics Lake Maps HotMaps Platinum Canada "C" from 2009 I believe. It is a micro sd card and it says MSD/HMPT - C6 VO1.22

Not sure if that helps you but I do know that Lake Nipissing is not one of the featured lakes on it. I have found some errors on it including an entire island missing in Callander Bay.

To be honest I really had no clue how to use the HDS last season but I think I figured it out this winter. I'll practice a bit more and test it on a few trips down the French River and into the West Arm this summer.

Is it possible to load Mapsource to a Lowrance?

I have the Mapsource Lake Nipissing chart loaded on a hand held Garmin Rino and it's the same Lake Nipissing map I have on the cottage wall. It's right on the money and shows everything the way it should be.

I'm seriously considering dumping the Lowrance for a Garmin.

Art.

I too have the Navionics HotMaps Premium.

MSD/PREM E6 Vol 1.22

Mine is from 2007.

I pretty much use it for Navigation purposes only. I do use it to know about where shallower areas are and in somewhat handy last year up at Lakair. Couple errors I found - like markers the wrong color.

Thought about getting a newer version, but the recent additions would not help much in the areas I fish up that way. I have an old version of Map Create for Canada, that I made some maps from. Although this only shows shoreline contours - no depths and such. Again, primarily for navigation on unmapped waters - which the French River has not been mapped.

Not sure I helped ya much, but this is what I have and how I use it.

See you guys in a few months - coming in late Friday afternoon.