guides on quinte?

ch312

Some people think they should be treated like ROYALTY just because they are spending a few bucks to go fishing. For myself, all I want is the guide to have decent equipment for me to use and show a good work ethic to get me onto fish if the bite is slow. I don't need the red carpet treatment when I show up. The same thing goes when I rent a camp for a few days. It doesn't have to be the Taj Mahal I just want a place to sleep and cook a meal after a hard day on the water. Oh, and when using a guide, he should have good communicating skills as well. I usually go with the attitude of not expecting much, and usually am not disapointed.

Some people think they should be treated like ROYALTY just because they are spending a few bucks to go fishing. For myself, all I want is the guide to have decent equipment for me to use and show a good work ethic to get me onto fish if the bite is slow. I don't need the red carpet treatment when I show up. The same thing goes when I rent a camp for a few days. It doesn't have to be the Taj Mahal I just want a place to sleep and cook a meal after a hard day on the water. Oh, and when using a guide, he should have good communicating skills as well. I usually go with the attitude of not expecting much, and usually am not disapointed.

I have a similar feeling, as long as things are in decent repair, and someone shows they are working hard and willing to burn some gas, and makes some changes if fishing is slow, thats all one can ask for. Even better if they can fill in the quiet time with some sort of candor.

Safety, in my opinion is paramount. I would have a hard time being satisfied if the same safety equipment I (and the law) require the use of is lacking

Edited by Jay Hamilton

Guest gbfisher

Isn't it still against the law to ride two up on most four wheelers, guide would have to have something like a gator to legally ride you out.

Yes it is against the Law to ride two on a 4 wheeler specially with no helmets. What kind of a guiding service does this? Any true guiding service I have ever used with regards to ice fishing/ hut rentals or what have you were all up to snuff when it came to the safety of their customers. Sounds like a rag tag team to me with no thought in regards to customer safety. Signing a waiver will not help them either. :rolleyes:

Johnny was right, I am no longer a part of G2 Angling.

That whole ATV episode happened after I was gone, so I can't comment on that one.

Watched that show with the G2 Guides if you took a good look they were on only 3" of ice

We were actually on 8" of ice....