Simcoe tomorrow

alphaalpha

Planning on heading out tomorrow morning. Do you think it will be good to go. I am just walking on so I'm sure there will still be lots of ice for that but will the edges to get on be screwed after all this rain?

Just don't want to waste a couple hours driving up there if we cant even get on the ice.

Thanks,

AA

I'm heading out near IBP tomorrow. What do you guys think.. leave the snowmobile at home and walk out?? Or bring the sled out for one last rip.??

I haven't been out on Simcoe for 3 weeks now, so I have no idea of the conditions. Can only assume they're garbage..

Edit... It's 9:30 and snowing like a bugger in Barrie as we speak.

Edited by N.A.W

My brother-in-law jus told me now he doesn't want to go for the day. As its a bit of a hike I want to go for pretty much the whole day. Salty if you want to partner up let me know. I don't really want to drag the hut and all my gear out just for me.

Be ready for some slushy conditions. Left Simcoe at about 6 today, and by then it was snowing and there's no way in hell that it will freeze 3 inches of water overnight.

True

I got off the ice at noon today and there was 3" of standing water everywhere. It is going to be messy but there is a good amount of ice out there. I think I measured about 13"

tight lines

My brother-in-law jus told me now he doesn't want to go for the day. As its a bit of a hike I want to go for pretty much the whole day. Salty if you want to partner up let me know. I don't really want to drag the hut and all my gear out just for me.

ya man !what time / bla bla email me # we can figure it out. just got the pertch done about 2.5 puonds (fillets) im in thumbsup_anim.gif

how mutch gear you dragin? i like to keep it simplel and lite

just sent you a private message. i drag a fair amount of gear but nothing i can't really handle myself. I just don't find it worth the hassle if i am solo. I take out a hut and heater and propane tank but its pretty mobile on the ski rig that i have.