looking for a new fly shop in GTA

Hello All

I wonder if anyone can recommend a local fly shop here in the GTA.

A shop with products, accessories and maybe a bit of fishing feedback.

And, you can exclude Le Baron and Wilson's. It seems Le Baron has no fly fishers working there, and Wilson's, is a bit pushy and expensive.

thanks and tight Lines all.

Fred

Hello All

I wonder if anyone can recommend a local fly shop here in the GTA.

A shop with products, accessories and maybe a bit of fishing feedback.

And, you can exclude Le Baron and Wilson's. It seems Le Baron has no fly fishers working there, and Wilson's, is a bit pushy and expensive.

thanks and tight Lines all.

Fred

I am no fly fishermen, but I do go to a lot of angling shops. Angling Specialties on Highway 7 carries a lot of fly fishing materials - not sure about rods/reels/waders etc.. He even has a tying station set up in the back so I assume he uses it. From the few times I was there it looks to me like a lot of float fishers buy bait there. Store is in need of a serious clean up though.

BPS also seems to have a fairly big fly section with a dedicated staff member in the "mini store".

I have also ordered online from Reelflies.ca. Not sure if they sell materials or only pre-tied flies.

Not sure if that was helpful, but that's all I got!!

Cheers!

I am no fly fishermen, but I do go to a lot of angling shops. Angling Specialties on Highway 7 carries a lot of fly fishing materials - not sure about rods/reels/waders etc.. He even has a tying station set up in the back so I assume he uses it. From the few times I was there it looks to me like a lot of float fishers buy bait there. Store is in need of a serious clean up though.

BPS also seems to have a fairly big fly section with a dedicated staff member in the "mini store".

I have also ordered online from Reelflies.ca. Not sure if they sell materials or only pre-tied flies.

Not sure if that was helpful, but that's all I got!!

Cheers!

Hi Fish

I hope I'm not to embarrassed to ask, but who is BPS? Hope it's not something I'm supposed to know

Fred

With a Fly and Angling Specialties. Both in Mississauga

Thanks for mentioning these. I have heard of Grand River Troutfitters, but never been to these two closer stores.

So.... what I got from Google was...

With A Fly Tackle Shop

Address : 1224 Dundas Street West, Mississauga, ON L5C 4G7

Telephone : 905-949-9359

and

ANGLING SPECIALTIES

325 Central Pkwy W., Mississauga

905-275-4972

I'm not sure if either place has a website.... anybody know?

Thanks for mentioning these. I have heard of Grand River Troutfitters, but never been to these two closer stores.

So.... what I got from Google was...

With A Fly Tackle Shop

Address : 1224 Dundas Street West, Mississauga, ON L5C 4G7

Telephone : 905-949-9359

and

ANGLING SPECIALTIES

325 Central Pkwy W., Mississauga

905-275-4972

I'm not sure if either place has a website.... anybody know?

I don't think they have a site, although I know them..... bought a reel there last year. Good service, reasonable prices and knowledgeable. I would go back there.

If you go a little further West, try Grindstone Angling in Waterdown (24 Mill Street North). The website is a little out of date (www.grindstoneangling.com) but the staff are very knowledgeable and they carry a lot of really good quality gear at a good price. It's worth the drive even to go in and talk to the staff!