Storm cloud Pictures

brookieman

Here is a picture of storm clouds that a friend of mine took from her place....amazing shot!

gallery_60_22_12499.jpg

A few video captures of lighting I took from our 11th floor balcony of a storm that came from Toronto....

gallery_60_22_22670.jpg

gallery_60_22_13812.jpg

I took a video of a storm system that came through that spawned 8 tornadoes in Southern Ontario...someone mentioned seeing a funnel cloud at the 22 second mark...if I had seen it while recording I'd have headed the family to the basement!!!

<object width="320" height="240"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HweRNWoJLg0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HweRNWoJLg0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HweRNWoJLg0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>

Was just on my way out to the boat to head out fishing, when I happened to turn around to see this:

Within about 5 minutes the sky opened up with hail followed by some of the heaviest rain i've seen in a long long time.

Glad I looked behind me

Don

Edited by Tracker

You can see the storm building in the background but it hasn't gotten too nasty just yet.

As soon as I released this fish, I ran back up the lake to my trailer but the rain started before I arrived and was really heavy.

About 10 minutes later, just as I got inside, a bolt of lightening struck a horseshoe peg only 150' from my trailer, and blew out my satellite dish and receiver, then destroyed the TV in the trailer just behind me.

My dish is grounded but the bolt was too powerful I spose.

Starchoice was good though, and replaced the dish and box.

Cnv0022.jpg

Tornado

Here is a tornado doing its best to form. To bad you can't see the rotation but there was quite a bit. Tried really hard to form for about 15 minutes and then just gave up and vanished. The lake is Arrowhead in northern Texas and the clay bottom contributes to the brown water.

Here's a pic I took while we were driving back from Queenston on a Sunday morning. We decided to call it a day after being skunked and the weather didn't look too good, so we packed her up and started driving home at 10:00 a.m. So the pic is looking out of the windshield on the passenger side of the truck. You can see the windshield wiper at the bottom of the windshield, then red tail lights in front of us and then the line where the cloud meets the top of the horizon and on the left of the pic are headlights coming down the opposite side of the highway. Its too bad there was such a reflection in the windshield, because that was a pretty scary sight at 10 in the morning. That storm did spawn tornadoes and alot of people on the lower Niagara had a hard time getting off at the ramp I remember because of the line up when everyone realized it was going to be a bad storm.

gallery_17_7_9255.jpg

Joey

Guest mistyriver1

Here's one I took last year when we were down in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We were staying in a log cabin in the smokey mountains

and I was out having my morning coffee and this storm blew in .....WOW !!!

stormcloud.jpg