Slush this weekend ???

camillj

OK .. so we have a little 'thaw' happening over the next couple of days ... I am wondering what all the experts think ... will this perchance melt off the top layer of insulating snow ... and allow the slush to drain away (and tighten up overnight)... or will it be an aweful slippery mess for Saturday ... either way I'll be on lake Joseph chasing lakers !!!! (even if I have to wear my chest waders)

Edited by camillj

My point exactly Wayne ... maybe a little rain/thaw is exactly what we need to get rid of the insulating layer of snow .. drain of some water and get things to tighten up over night ?

Oh well .. where I go is a pretty short walk so it should be tooooooo bad :)

My point exactly Wayne ... maybe a little rain/thaw is exactly what we need to get rid of the insulating layer of snow .. drain of some water and get things to tighten up over night ?

Oh well .. where I go is a pretty short walk so it should be tooooooo bad smile.gif

Way to go Jon !!! We need to get on the boardclapping.gif Link for team banner is available in our tournament thread now.

Paul

It's not going to be pretty, that's for sure. It would be nice to know how the lake is. Depending on the state of where I will be, I may head over for a half day. But even 2 weeks ago it was a slush bath where I was, especially in the bays where the snow gets the most drift. 2 days of rain, up to 15mm over that period. Ugg. I am going to wait until Saturday and give it a little time to tighten up. All we can do is get up there and deal with it when the time comes. Hopefully it's good for all of us. Good luck out there!

Well, just looking out the window, the lake looks like a mess. I don't think any of the water is draining away, in fact I can see large patches of water/slush out there. It might actually be a good thing though because if the temperatures drop the way the forecast is calling for it might make travelling a lot easier. Only 31 more days until spring lots of hard water fishing to get done, the freezer is almost empty!