BPS Enigma reel

GBW

Hey Geoff here's my two cents. While I don't know what the Enigma is like, about 6-7 years ago I bought a BPS Extreme as a patch reel when I needed something instantly for pitching and flippin but didn't have the cash for a higher end Shimano. Today I own 6 Extremes. RH's, LH's and recently a 200 size for frog fishing. I tend to abuse my stuff (ran the 200 in the downrigger for a couple of weeks in Temagami cause I forgot my other trolling outfit.

Do they perform the exact same as the +$250 reels _ no but pretty darn close. All I can say is I have 6 reels that can cover all my pitchin, flippin, casting, crankin and bottom bouncing needs. They've perfom flawlessly for me. I bought most when they went on sale for $69-79 and yes would buy another if needed tomorrow. I bought 1 Pro Qualifier on a pure impulse last eyar and spent more money but don't feel any differene to the Extreme.

I had no idea that reel existed, cool. It's so new there's not many reviews on it though.

Yea, that's the 2011 Johnny Morris reel, their flagship reel for this year... Didn't see it yet in BPS, but I'm sure it'll be introduced in time for the Spring Fishing Sale.... I MUST HAVE IT....

Goddammitt all this talk about BPS baitcasters makes me want to burn a spinnerbait over and through some early summer weeds right now!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to bring this up again but I would like to know if anyone has held and or tested the new Bass Pro Shops® Johnny Morris® Carbon Black Bass Caster.

It looks like it is the replacement of the gold? keep in mind, I just want this as a back up for myself or anyone in the boat to use so for $200 for a combo it's in the price range.