Hello all!

d_paluch

Hello everybody!

My name is Dan and I am new to the board! I finally signed up after trolling on it for near 6 months just taking in all of the great information. Up until a few weeks ago I have been solely softwater. I really enjoy fishing rivers/creeks, and this past summer fished Bronte Creek and some of 16 Mile, it was a lot of fun. Caught nothing more than some bass and small carp, but it really was a good time.

I live in Oakville and have recently taken up hardwater fishing. I was up on Nipissing Jan.25., and had a blast! There was a group of us and we rented a bungalow with South Shore Ice huts on Callander Bay. We got into a lot of perch and just before we left the following day, we got into 2 herring! :thumbsup_anim:

I went to Rice Lake today with my girlfriend, and thought it was a good idea to try being outdoors this time, (also wanted to save $$). Thanks to the help from B J Tackle, who gave us a free drive out on their wicked atv/track thing, lol, we were out in no time just in Bewdley. We were out for roughly 3.5 hours and didn't catch anything! My girlfriend had 1, but it felt small and got free quickly. We moved around a couple of times with no avail. We asked a few other fishermen if they were catching any thing and the most they had was a tiny perch. We were using minnows on varying sized jigs/lures...but to no avail! Still a fun day, and definitely beats sitting around at home wondering what could have been....

I was wondering if you all could help me out finding some other ice fishing hot spots that don't require a sled/atv to get to. I want to get out the 19th of Feb. and would love a place to atleast land some perch. I have read a bit about Cook's Bay on Simcoe. It looks like it should be walkable but would like some input! How about around Long Point...

Any ideas for some good areas would be great! I am looking forward to getting to know you all and hope I can provide some useful information in the future!