Bridgenorth Panfish Festival

Ron

Hey all,

Just curious as to who is planning in attending this Festival? I helped out last year and there was a great turnout. There was not one kid who didn't walk away with a prize. This year, apparently, there is even more free stuff to give away! If you don't have plans, bring your kids, grandkids or even your neighbourhood kids along for a great day on the ice. There will be hot dogs, hot chocolate, and the fish you catch will be cleaned and served back to you deep fried. I am sure if you are looking to help out, you won't be turned down either. Last year I had about 40 kids go through my hut, helping each one catch a fish and give them a chance to see how the fish finder, camera and space heater works. Most of these kids were impressed, along with their parents on how comfortable ice fishing can be. A lot of great memories were made. Particularly when we had a Muskie show up on the camera and the one kid screamed his head off! I even had one young lad catch a fish, run up to get the perch cleaned, come back and share it with me so he could in turn, get back in line to catch another!

This year, I am helping out with Frabill Ice huts. We will have 3 or 4 huts set up so kids can take turns fishing out of the cold with their parents and enjoy the day. Rumour has it there will be our own little prize packages being given out to the young anglers too.

Let me know if your going so I can be sure to look for ya.

Don't forget, this is the free fishing weekend so no one needs a fishing license. This means you can bring anyone along to enjoy the day.

Bridgenorth Panfish Festival

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for posting the info Ron. :good:

Things are looking very good for the festival. Our fantastic sponsors have really stepped up this year, once again allowing us to offer this festival, free to all participants. Special thanks to the OFAH Tackleshare program for supporting this event and loaning fishing equipment to anyone who wants to try ice fishing at the festival. Come out with your family and friends, join in the fun, catch some fish and win some prizes.

Check out the festival ad in the current issue of Ontario Out of Doors, listen to 100.5 KRUZ fm in Peterborough for festival commercials and updates and watch for the tv commercials.

bwpf.jpg

Come out and meet your fellow OFC members, professional anglers, Minister of Natural Resources, Hon. Linda Jeffrey, your friends, neighbours and a lot of smiling young anglers.

Starting next week, keep your proof of purchase from Bridgenorth Sports for a chance at a great draw prize to be awarded at the festival. Frank is hinting that you might win a portable ice hut.

Edited by Michael Brown

There will be a Volunteer Meeting for the Bridgenorth Panfish Festival this Tuesday, February 8th at 6:30pm upstairs at the Junction on George Street in Peterborough, with thanks to the Kawartha Chapter of Muskies Canada for their support. Following the meeting, you are invited to stay and enjoy the Muskies Canada Kawartha Chapter meeting which starts at 7:00pm. Please pass the word along to anybody who might be interested!

This meeting is strictly optional! Do not feel obligated to attend. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you on Saturday, February 19th at BEL Rotary Park at 8:00am!

Kids and families are expected to start arriving at 10am.

Yours in fishing,

Michael and Andrea

We are proud to welcome the Minister of Natural Resources to the Bridgenorth Panfish Festival. :clapping:

“Family Day weekend is a great opportunity to try ice fishing for the first time, learn about safety on the ice and take part in a wide range of events being organized in communities across the province. I am looking forward to attending this family day weekend the Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival – the largest fishing derby and I hope to see many families out enjoying this great outdoor event.”

– Linda Jeffrey, Minister of Natural Resources

Please join us would love to share a great fishing day with you.

Plus you can then brag to your friends that you spent a day fishing with Ron. :whistling: