Wal Mart or Canadian Tire?

Shaun Rickard

Canadian Tires in my local area have much better selection than wal-mart. I don't shop at either one very often, as I choose to support smaller, locally owned shops. But, I do occasionally buy from these stores. In fact I just bought some clackin' cranks at Canadian Tire a few days ago. The only thing I really ever buy at wal-mart is swivels, and maybe a few other pieces of terminal tackle.

Canadian Tire is my back up store for sure. Walmart doesn't carry much but they always seem to have goodies on discount :)

P.S. At the end of ice and soft water seasons lots of things go on a miscellaneous discount rack for 3 bucks :whistling:

I came out of there last fall at the end of soft water with about a dozen plastics and swim baits and well just random stuff that was usually 7 bucks or more:clapping:

Was just at Canadian Tire and they didn't even have white tubes....what the heck!!

I'm going to grab some tubes tonight just let me know what size your after.

Canadian Tire is my back up store for sure. Walmart doesn't carry much but they always seem to have goodies on discount :)

P.S. At the end of ice and soft water seasons lots of things go on a miscellaneous discount rack for 3 bucks :whistling:

I came out of there last fall at the end of soft water with about a dozen plastics and swim baits and well just random stuff that was usually 7 bucks or more:clapping:

I'm going to grab some tubes tonight just let me know what size your after.

I just got back from trying to get tubes... Finally found some at Canadian tire, haha mike :sarcasm:

Then took a quick stop at Walmart and they had lures on sale for 3 bucks again. Picked up some lindy darters!, Can't go wrong with deals like that!

I find Walmart really disappointing. My impression before they arrived (in Canada) was that Walmart would have a great selection of tackle (maybe in the US). Canadian Tire is too expensive and even their selection varies depending on store location. I tend to go to my local tackle shop or Bass Pro.

Dan O.