funny email

aniceguy

I dont usually send these around but this one made some sense

A Letter to the Prime Minister

Dear Mr. Harper:

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Canada 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks and car companies, that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan:

>

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

>

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

>

2) They MUST buy a new Canadian CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

>

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

>

4) They MUST send their kids to school / college /university - Crime Rate fixed.

>

5) Buy $50 of alcohol / tobacco / petrol a week - There's your money back in duty / tax etc.

> It can't get any easier than that!

Yours truly,

Ordinary Joe Canadian

>

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.

If not, please disregard.

I hate to be a party pooper .. but 20 Million * $1 Million = $20 TRILLION ... that is almost 10 times the US National Debt ... I think that might actually make matters worse :)

Having said that, I find it hard to believe that there are really 20 Million over 50 in the work force .... (in Canada)... I am not sure there are even 20 Million people over 50 in all of Canada

Ahhh .. never mind ... I obviously havent been fishing for a while :)

Edited by camillj

I hate to be a party pooper .. but 20 Million * $1 Million = $20 TRILLION ... that is almost 10 times the US National Debt ... I think that might actually make matters worse :)

Having said that, I find it hard to believe that there are really 20 Million over 50 in the work force .... (in Canada)... I am not sure there are even 20 Million people over 50 in all of Canada

Ahhh .. never mind ... I obviously havent been fishing for a while :)

I think this started out as a letter to the president (there was no housing crisis in Canada) and someone forgot to adjust for the population difference when they Canadianized it. Still 2 million * $1 million = $2 trillion versus our current deficit of $50 billion and our debt of $500 billion.