Atv -Ontario licensing

2advanced

Good question. I'm not really sure what the answer is.

However it stands to reason that you would need some kind of VIN number to register the machine. Also, your insurance company is going to want a VIN as well as a better description of the bike than "no named quad"...to give you a policy they're going to need to know the year, make, model and size.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Hahaha no I am in the market of getting a used snow mobile or atv but for my use I don't need anything fancy as I just want to get from point a to b without killing myself walking with a sled

I was lookin at these cheaper alternatives other than name band like yamaha, etc..

http://www.daymak.com/bikes-toronto/pages/atv/grunt110cert.html

Has anyone used these china machines? Lol.

My brother-in-law sells china bikes @ the 400 market. He told me they get license at the local offices "no problem" but a few of his customers got rejected in TO and then tried in Barrie on his suggestion and succeeded. So it sounds to be not a sure thing to me.

Hoppy

Hahaha no I am in the market of getting a used snow mobile or atv but for my use I don't need anything fancy as I just want to get from point a to b without killing myself walking with a sled

I was lookin at these cheaper alternatives other than name band like yamaha, etc..

http://www.daymak.co...unt110cert.html

Has anyone used these china machines? Lol.

Some things your ok buying cheap knock offs, as long as you realize they may fail. Transportation is not something you want to have to worry about. Further to that, where do you get parts/service when the cheap china bike falls apart. And its probably not worth investing much money into either. You can pick up an early to mid ninetys honda 300 fourtrax on kijiji for about $1800- 2400 give or take, in not bad condition if you are patient. They are nearly bulletproof, we have 4 at my huntcamp. 1 from the late 80's that we drag out most deer with. Parts are readily available, and if your not into fixing it yourself, there are a ton of reputable dealers. For pure utility, thats the way to go, and not super expensive, but definately reliable!

My neighbour bought one for his kid and I think he is regreting it , had a hell

of a time getting parts for it !!

Like Porkpie said better getting an older used one .

You for sure don't want to be stuck in the middle of no where with a broken machine.