Brandons Brodericks January Photo Contest

Twocoda

On New Years day I decided to head down to the Saugeen river for the first time in many years WITHOUT a fishing rod. It was a missed feeling of years long gone by as i walked from the parking lot seeking "something" with a camera instead of a fishing rod. We know as fishermen and photographers that "zen" moment is not a garantee but a treasure albeit a capture with the camera or setting the hook on a trophy trout.As I aquainted myself with the D90 from my former FA /F3 days i decided to venture out on Dennys Dam because the water levels were insanely high for this time of year and there were trees hanging over the dam with no hope of freeing themselves from thier implanted positions....so i thought it might make for an interesting slow exposure because of the broken ice and debris flowing through the raging water.... and snapped a couple of shots ...some looked cool but for the most part i still hadnt found my "zen" and like a fisherman discovering a "perfect" fishing hole ...i noticed a rather large tree flowing up river from me close to my side of the dam and thought "this has potential" for a good depth of field test from the other lodged trees . The free flowing tree came within feet of where i had perched myself as it went over the dam. I braced myself for the shot and found i had turned the camera off so i missed a few seconds as the tree was going over...(interesting enough i NEVER had to turn off my other Nikons...;)...so i quickly turned it on and without thought dropped to the floor of the dam...luckily these DSLRs dont reset from your previous settings. As i was turning on the camera and checking the exposure i noticed the "new " tree was violently bouncing from the rushing water and wasnt going to stay for very long as the ice started to build at the base of the tree....I took my shot....and this is what i got .....then it broke free....

Like most fish that meet the weigh in stations they never get captured again ...i think i found my 'zen" again...well at least for the first day of the year!.;)

Voting is now open for Brandons contest and there are some VERY nice photos...check them out and if you feel mine is worthy of a vote...thanks !

In order to vote for a pic...you will need to hit the "like' button on Brandons page (Top of his facebook page) and then go through the photos and hit the "like" button of the photo your voting for

here is the link to my photo...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150089326269277&set=a.10150089325969277.272784.61927899276

you can only vote once for a photo but you can vote for as many photos as you see fit

cheers

Dave

Edited by Twocoda

I don't have facebook so I can't help, I would if I could though. I laughed at the " you have to like his page to like his photo" hahaha some of the discrepencies on facebook are so dumb and beyond reality.

This is off topic, but it counts as a bump.

Edit: Can you post the photo here?

Edited by Rod Caster

wow. the hue on that photo is like stainless steel.

Your camera really captures motion. Thanks for posting here!

No Problem Rod...The name of the pic is "Frozen Motion" for the obvious reasons...

Thanks

edit to add a thanks to the guys from this forum for the votes

Today is the last day for voting in January's contest ...check it out ..for those that missed the submission date for January ...Brandon will be posting a February contest so get your pics ready for submission ...

To ALL that voted for my pic...thanks for voting ...i had alot of fun entering this contest...i know there are alot of exceptional photogs on this forum ..i highly recommend entering Feb contest and having some fun yourself...Even if your thumb is in the pic :whistling: I think voting closes tonight at 8 pm

Thanks Brandon for hosting :thumbsup_anim:

CHEERS EVERYONE !

I won I won I won!!!!!!!! :clapping: now comes the very hard part of picking just ONE of Brandons Photos as a PRIZE!! :w00t:

Thanks to ALL that voted!!!!! It was ALOT of fun participating ....Grab your cameras guys and gals....Brandon is doing it again in February!!!!!