Higher end Spinning Reels

Gregoire

Anyone else? I am still leaning towards the patriarch. I'll definitely post with my thoughts on the reel, whatever one I end up with.

Seems like you have a hard-on for the Patriarch, why don't you just BUY it. As mentioned that reel being fairly new, not many people have had a chance to give it a go other than in a store....

Do you want us to buy it for you as well????

Seems like you have a hard-on for the Patriarch, why don't you just BUY it. As mentioned that reel being fairly new, not many people have had a chance to give it a go other than in a store....

Do you want us to buy it for you as well????

Easy there Chachi. For me this is a big investment and I am trying to get as much info about the reels that I am considering. By all means if you are offering to buy this reel for me go ahead, otherwise I would appreciate positive comments.

Easy there Chachi. For me this is a big investment and I am trying to get as much info about the reels that I am considering. By all means if you are offering to buy this reel for me go ahead, otherwise I would appreciate positive comments.

Ha ha lol, call me crazy, but a $150-$200 reel is mid level in my opinion, you want high end, buy a Stella, Sustain or a Steez...

For the 2 reels you are looking at, given all the reply's on this post, take a shot and pick one. Indecisiveness is the downfall of mankind.

Ha ha lol, call me crazy, but a $150-$200 reel is mid level in my opinion, you want high end, buy a Stella, Sustain or a Steez...

For the 2 reels you are looking at, given all the reply's on this post, take a shot and pick one. Indecisiveness is the downfall of mankind.

I wish I could be in your position. My plan is to get the two reels in my hand and find which one I prefer.

By the way IMO women are the downfall on makind...just saying

I wish I could be in your position. My plan is to get the two reels in my hand and find which one I prefer.

By the way IMO women are the downfall on makind...just saying

Lol, well we can both agree on that. I still think the Microline CI4 is the sweetest UL spinning on the market for the price Good luck with the search dude....

Funny, I've been going through the same internal debate about the Patriarch. Last nite on Cabelas I even put it in my basket before deciding to hold off. About 10 years back, after expermenting with many brands i said enough is enough and made Shimano my standard. Between Stradics,Symetres, abd Sahara's I have close to a dozen, but I really haven't been overwelmed with Shimano spinning reel quality the last couple of years. The thing that has attracted my interest in the Patriarch is the max drag on the 35 model of 16 lbs, yet the weight is still excellent, plus their reels have an excellent reputation. Trust me when you have a joint disease, I have psoriatic arthritis, a couple oz's makes a difference, especially in your wrists. I did notice a mail-in rebate from Pfleuger, something like $15, on the Cabelas site, but being somewhat cheap I thought I'd hold off until the next sale or coupon offer.

Has anyone had problems with their stradics? Mine have all been bullet proof for years now, from portage trips to submersions in winter steelhead river, and many days on the water. Haven't found a better reel for a reasonable price.

Have a pfluger president and hate it, anti reverse fails all the time while icefishing.

Though I prefer the FIs and older models, the CI4 has stood up very well for the time I've had it and I was pretty skeptical about its durability.

Maybe it`s just me but for the life of me I can`t understand why anyone would need a 150.00-200.00 reel for icefishing! :Gonefishing:

Sometimes it not a need... just a want. We all have a cost limit and it is different for each item as it fits into our life. I would not give you a quarter for the best cup of coffee but will pay 1.75 for a Pepsi with no issues. Ice fishing has little value to me because it is a cold weather sport but I will spend over $1,000.oo to fish in Canada when it is warm. Go figure Eh?

Art

Sometimes it not a need... just a want. We all have a cost limit and it is different for each item as it fits into our life. I would not give you a quarter for the best cup of coffee but will pay 1.75 for a Pepsi with no issues. Ice fishing has little value to me because it is a cold weather sport but I will spend over $1,000.oo to fish in Canada when it is warm. Go figure Eh?

Art

I hear ya Art, I just got off a cruise ship and was paying 2 bucks for a coke and 4 bucks for a cappuccino and I bought two more nice watches duty free,didn`t need anymore watches I just like watches.

I hear yaa I am guilty of buying knifes and tools. I love a good working knife and spent $225.00 on a sharpening system called the Wicked Edge. I even thought I was nuts for that purchase until I sharpened my first knife with it. Man O Man it can raise an edge that will cut you just looking at it. After hitting it with the 1200 diamond hone looking thru a magnify glass it is smooth as glass.

Art