Which auger?

bassjnkie

Well there seems to be a difference in opinion here.

the fin bore3 seems to be in the lead.

so i am here to set the record straight.....

the best auger in the world is the auger your friend is using to cut your holes for you.

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

hands down I WIN !!!!!!!!!

I have an 8' FinBore III and it works like a charm. I too didn't know if I should get a 6 inch or an 8 inch but in the end decided to go with the 8 inch on the thought of how disapointed I would be if I lost a trophy at the hole because the hole was too small. :wallbash:

4 years ago when I wanted a new auger, I bought a fin bore III and a Nils master, both 6 inches. I actually bought the finbore first, and then unexpectedly found the nils in a bait shop that I occasionally frequented. I picked it up figuring I could sell one if I liked the other better, and I had heard so much about the nils that I had to try it. Long story short, I sold the finbore 2 weeks later, and I've never looked back. It is without a doubt the best manual auger I have ever owned. I have owned several different manuals, and 2 gas augers, both eskimo. It is unlikely that I will ever need a gas auger again, but if I do get the urge, I will be buying the nils/tanaka gas combo. I have 4 seasons now on the original cutting head, and it still cuts like the day I bought it. I have pulled lakers and whities through the 6 inch hole with no issues! I can't understand why the nils hasnt caught on like it did in the states. It must be an availability thing, but then you couldnt find a marcum flasher up here when I bought mine. I had to go to New York State. Now Marcum is easy to source in Ontario, but nils is seldom to be found! Anyhow, having owned both, my vote is Nils if you can find one!