gone fishin

Guest Catch&Release

It never freezes completly but it can be dangerous when the ice forms along shore, if conditions are tough there Queenston is a better option and easilly accessable,only 10min down river from the pool. Port Dalhousie in St Catharines is another option in the winter and is fishable all winter, it also dosn't suffer the dirty water as bad in the winter especailly with Welland Canal closed for the season. Port D doesn't get blown out in the winter

Edited by canadadude

Good Evening OFC!

unsure.gif I was hoping for some well informed updates on the conditions at the WHIRLPOOL.

Planning on heading down for SATURDAY. I got the ITCH ... Real Bad! crazy.gif I dont mind if the conditions are really tough. However, if theres no open water .. beatdeadhorse.gif

I`ve been told either: Frozen over or too many ICE CHUNKS flowing.

Just to help my peace of mind, Is it:

1) real tough conditions, but fishing is still possible Gonefishing.gif

or

2) STAY HOME wall.gif

*SHORE FISHING

Thanks

Heads up!

The ice in the lower river yesterday was really bad! the pool......packed!! water looks good tho! nice green. i'd save the gas $ unless something changes today with the conditions....i've fished in icy conditions before, but this is bad!! some spots you'd normaly fish, are iced right over! The ice is not safe! ps: current water temps are 33.......

no boats out....too much ice, again......

winds for this weekend look bad too.....that time of year :) really need erie to lock up! shouldn't be long.....

Heads up!

The ice in the lower river yesterday was really bad! the pool......packed!! water looks good tho! nice green. i'd save the gas $ unless something changes today with the conditions....i've fished in icy conditions before, but this is bad!! some spots you'd normaly fish, are iced right over! The ice is not safe! ps: current water temps are 33.......

no boats out....too much ice, again......

winds for this weekend look bad too.....that time of year :) really need erie to lock up! shouldn't be long.....

Paul knows what he's talking about. Take his word for it.