Planer board rod recommendation

bucktail

Looking to get few new planer board rods for the spring. Looking for mostly a brown trout-walleye action rod. hoping to have a little more fun with the fish then can come on my big downrigging rods.

Cheaper would always be better but looking for a nice light and responsive rod.

Any recommendatons out there???

Darren

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/rods/salmon_steelhead/Clarus_Salmon_Steelhead_Casting.html

Great rod. The medium is rated for 8-17lb test with a moderate action. Usually used for casting, I've used it on the rigger, with planer boards on BOQ, for trolling Great Bear Lake lakers, and for casting to arctic char and big pike. Very versatile and they'll serve ya well.

Gander mountain has there own brand of rod... They have planer board models... $30.00 usd

I bought two last fall and paired them up with diawa accudepth line counter reals ... I got size 27 and they hold a tonn of line... Both combos cost me

$180.00 total

Edited by Musky Mike

i use a 8'6 clarus 'steelhead' action rod as my light board rod they come in spinning and casting flavours. it works with the offshore or smaller church walleye inline boards fine for spring trout.