Hats are in!

chilli

Well I brought in my deer hide and today I picked up the hat so it must be true. There are rumours floating around that no such depot exists but I'm here to tell you that rumour is false. You don't have to drive all the way from Niagara Falls to Dunnville just to make a donation or to return later for your hat. No you just gotta spin over to Fort Erie. :thumbsup_anim:

hfh1.jpg

For more info call Sexsmith Farms http://www.sexsmithfarm.ca/

Upcoming programs include drum making and brain tanning. :clapping:

I like this years hat. Not so big as in past years and a very nice crest.

hfh2.jpg

Well I had two big archery holes in mine and they were fine with that. This depot was one of the destinations of the hides. Sexsmith farms works with the Native center and they were receiving hides for their programs from Hat for Hides already. Just makes sense for them to be a depot also.

So is Fort Erie any closer for you. These people are awesome and its not really about the hat although they're nicer than they used to be. To me it's about the donating. The hat is just a token of their appreciation. What else is a hide going to do besides feed coyotes?

Thats Funny Hats are In Only took them 4 months to get them ...Lots of guys come to Dunnville to my shop to Get there Hats cause they are here before Bow Season even starts in Oct ....I Handed out over 600 Hats this fall and winter and I have also been a Hats for Hides Depot for the last 7 Years ...Sexsmith was taken hides for over 3 months with no Hats IN STOCK lots of pissed off guys driven all the way there saying they would call when the Hats come in ...Hides kicking around that long are half rotten unless they are salted right or frozen ...If you dont wana wait for your Hats Head to Dunnville google my name you will find my website with all the Directions ....Fishmaster

Edited by Fishmaster

out here they dont even look at the hides, just tell you to go put it in the barn, could probably get a hat without a hide, just tell them you have one and they believe you, even brought in a quartered hide once and they didnt care,

we had hats in august in time for bear season and last i heard they still have some, i've got 2 for this year plus crests :thumbsup_anim:

hats the past 2 years have been great, like regular ball caps, not those insulated/foam type hats, i hated those

Thats Funny Hats are In Only took them 4 months to get them ...Lots of guys come to Dunnville to my shop to Get there Hats cause they are here before Bow Season even starts in Oct ....I Handed out over 600 Hats this fall and winter and I have also been a Hats for Hides Depot for the last 7 Years ...Sexsmith was taken hides for over 3 months with no Hats IN STOCK lots of pissed off guys driven all the way there saying they would call when the Hats come in ...Hides kicking around that long are half rotten unless they are salted right or frozen ...If you dont wana wait for your Hats Head to Dunnville google my name you will find my website with all the Directions ....Fishmaster

Ding ding I think we have a complainer!

For all those interested the Sexsmith Farms depot has just started up and the first year was expected to be a little rocky as the depot designation wasn't even granted until half way through hunting season. They did not even receive their signs until November 13th. I got the call when they arrived so I could do a photo op.

H4HSF.jpg

They're very proud to be getting even deeper into this program then they already have been for years. This coming season is expected to go a lot smoother but everyone was told the hats wouldn't be there till later because they were mid way through start up. You can't give hats that the program couldn't even provide yet Geesh :o Maybe they should call 2011 the official launch to satisfy those offended in Dunnville :dunno:

Leave it to Steve to turn a good thing into an argument. This is a charitable cause and the people using the hides know if they can use a quartered hide or whether to toss a rotten one. Perhaps they're not expecting anyone to offer up a rotten hide just to get a $5 dollar hat. They are honest people and believe that hunters that care enough to donate to charity aren't looking to rip anyone off. They still have a few hides from last year still good and well salted. Hopefully they last until all this years get officially inspected but each day all the new hides are checked, salted if needed and stacked. If it wasn't rotten when it got there it will be good for quite some time.

So Steve please stop your silly attacks and accept there are those who won't drive all the way to Dunnville just to make a donation at your store. I will commend you on participating in this program. Why not just do the same for Debbie? It's not like she sells tackle, she's an organic farmer :dunno: . As for trusting hunters to just put it in the barn at least she's not trying to sell you her produce. That's not the intention of this depot (not a business ploy). She's planning classes on how to tan and make drums and is a regular contributor to environmental projects in the area and is the current President of "Friends of Fort Erie's Creeks". She's a real solid community leader. Not a cool response at all Steve :canadian: and I really hope your not one of the people claiming the depot doesn't even exist.

Nuff said, so hopefully now there's no doubt for Niagara area hunters for 2011. :jerry: