Grey owl camp

Tree worker

We stayed there in about 1990 it was great there are so many places to fish and the camps are on there own island no one to bug you great people back then.

For eye's we used mr twisters mustard yellow or motor oil color or just a jig head and chub minnow. The eye's are everywhere and always hungry just look for rock points or drop off's from sand bars where they will come up at night to feed on the minnows along the shore.

Pike are big at the north end or I think its the north end its a good drive up there but they are big and many out there. For pike you can not beat 5 of diamonds or spinner baits I always loved heading up there.

Our group went to Grey Owl last year. The camp and owners were great, we thought the fishing was ok but not great. Averaged about 6 walleyes per day, per guy. Maybe we are spoiled. It's a big lake and I didn't feel that I figured it out (how to catch fish). Pike were hard to target and mostly caught them while jigging for walleyes. I did have a decent pike grab my walleye on the way to the boat.

If you go, bring gas cans if you can, the price of gas from the camp or Bisco store is steep.