Lost my outdoors card

stubbex1

I'm going fishing with a couple friends (guided by Paul Castellano) on the Niagara January 4th. I went online to renew my three year license and i realized my card wasn't in my walletwallbash.gif My question is the paper i get when i renew - does it take the place of the old card, or do i need the old card and the paper to be legal? It states that it takes 20 days to get the new card in the mail.

I'm going fishing with a couple friends (guided by Paul Castellano) on the Niagara January 4th. I went online to renew my three year license and i realized my card wasn't in my walletwallbash.gif My question is the paper i get when i renew - does it take the place of the old card, or do i need the old card and the paper to be legal? It states that it takes 20 days to get the new card in the mail.

Copied from Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources website.

Using your E-licence

An E-licence becomes valid when it is carried with either:

* an Outdoors Card containing the same 15-digit number as the E-licence

OR

* an Ontario Resident Temporary Fishing Licence and Outdoors Card and Application containing the same personal information as that under which the E-licence was obtained.

When either of these conditions is met, the E-licence entitles the Ontario resident to fish (or hunt small game) during the open season according to the licence(s) purchased.

The above might cause you problems if you don't have your new card by the time you want to go fishing and only have the printed E-Licence.

Tom.

Also when you print your new one it will show that you have an existing one and how long it is valid for.

I love this on line stuff, imagine the mess you would be in if this was 10 years ago!

I don't think there were "outdoor" cards 10 years ago......so fishing life was better. :santa: