Winter tires in Quebec

mercman

to continue........................

i think everyone has thier own ideas.Here i Quebec, the Gov took away the choice.We MUST have 4 winter tires on our vehicules. No ifs ands or buts.I used to feel safe with all season, but now, i wonder how i lived without winter tires.They grip in snow, they hold the road on black ice, and the new technology today results in tires as quiet as a/s radials.Winter tires alone however would have done nothing to help the people trapped on the highway though.The only thing that would have helped is if the dept of transport had reacted quicker to remove the snow.They KNEW it was coming, and they KNEW how bad it was hours before it happened, but they waited for accumulation before sending the trucks out.All to save money on the snow removal budget.It was a cost versus risk decission as always. winter tires far out perform a/s radials in snow and ice conditions at temperatures below -10C Do some research and you will see this..Once the Ontario Gov and Insurance companies have finished studying the results from Quebec, your Gov will remove the choice for Ontario residents also, wait and see.

I wonder -- are winter tires more or less expensive in quebec? Or same price as rest of country? On one hand, if EVERYONE has to have them there'd be more demand.....but with more demand, there should be ample supply ready.

Any idea if they're more expensive there?