opinions on the HB 45 flasher?

muskymatt

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Bought one, any opinion's, comparison's.

Super deal at LB's...no tax (13%), club card(-$45) and $45 mail in rebate = $160 saving....not bad!!

i own it and like it. ditch the complicated foam and clip apparatus though... it just gets in the way. i just carry it hole to hole and put the transducer down...

Guest gbfisher

i bought mine last year , i believe it definitely helped put more fish on the ice

agree with Sals comments ... don't need the clip

Side by side with a Vex with no issue.

Great unit for sure, almost bought it last year. Decided to go for the ICE 55. Same as another poster, happy with my purchase, and works alongside a VEX with no issues.

I have had no issues with the transducer clip myself.

I'm going on my 3rd season with the ICE45. I like it a lot. Does the exact same thing as a vex or markum but IMO the display is just so much better on the Humminbirds. Another thing you'll find is that flasher owners are fiercely brand loyal. The reason being that they all work... and work well!

after 30 years of ice fishing i bought one last year and LOVE IT

I too have A hum 45. they are great but i wish i would have picked up the 55. The extra wattage helps in the deeper parts 80ft plus. Compared to my buddies 55 it is more sensitive when it comes to fishing deep water. Also the 55 includes the case $50 worth. So if you compare the 45 going for Aprox$400 and the 55 going for aprox$ 475. Take the case value into consideration then the Hum 55 is what I would recommend. TOO bad i Thought of this after I bought the 45. :blush:

Guest gbfisher

Great unit for sure, almost bought it last year. Decided to go for the ICE 55. Same as another poster, happy with my purchase, and works alongside a VEX with no issues.

I have had no issues with the transducer clip myself.

OH YA...that clip. The one on the case which holds the wire in place.

The transducer wire can break inside with that clip. If your unit starts to show less color and signal its a good chance its happened. If it does you can splice the cable at that spot and it will work just fine. If not you can ask for a new ducer from HB. They have replaced a couple for that reason that I know of anyway. just take the clip off and you wont have any problems with it getting crimped.

I tend to use the Aqua-vu ice pod. its a cheap plastic tripod for the transducer that once set to depth it makes moving hole to hole much easier without banging the ducer on the edges of the holes. It has collapsable legs and works great. Also a great handle to remove the tranducer before/while landing your fish. Not sure if the 45 is packed with the 9 amp hour battery or the 7 but I have also changed all my winter electronics to 9 ah batteries and no problem with full day fishing at max gain.

just don't sink it and you'll get the years outta it!