Fishing Ocho Rios, Jamaica

cwpowell

If you do go out in Jamaica.. be sure it's a reputable charter and people know where you've gone! I was there in '89.. and it hasn't got any safer down there since..

Most beautiful Island in the caribean sea... but you would never get me to go back.

Edited by irishfield

If you do go out in Jamaica.. be sure it's a reputable charter and people know where you've gone! I was there in '89.. and it hasn't got any safer down there since..

Most beautiful Island in the caribean sea... but you would never get me to go back.

I fished Ocho Rios a few years back, had a blast. I passed on the chartered tours as the cost was pretty hefty. I ended up approaching one of the fishermen in his boat along the shore and asked if he would be willing to take me along for a small amount, I gave him $50 which he was very appreciative of. We ended up fishing the reef directly in front of where Dunns river falls flows into the ocean. caught a tonne of snapper, barracuda, etc. great times, only a fraction of the cost too...

there are soo many fish in that water i really dont think it would matter what bait/lures you used. you should also go snorkling along the massive reef. THOUSANDS of fish to be seen!! great time