We need your help

DRIFTER_016

and that concludes my voting ...

heres a link for convince any others for the last ditch run ...today is the last day for voting ...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2010/12/07/nwt-puppy-animal-cruelty.html?ref=rss

Awwwww, poor little puppy :( At least it was rescued....Can't believe that guy did that Grrrrrrrr :wallbash:

Well we missed first place by 848 votes but we still have a good chance coming in second like we did. The top 30 go into the finals where the judges figure out how to divvy up the $1,000,000. So keep yer fingas crossed. :lol:

Final tally 1st place 43,869 votes, 2nd place (us) 43,021!!!

A dang fine result I think!!!

Thanks to all that helped out and I'll keep y'all posted on the final results. ;)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Scoring criteria

The Judging panel will evaluate the 30 finalist ideas based on these criteria:

Impact

How deeply are people affected by this idea, and how urgent is the need? How many people will this idea benefit, and will it be compelling for a broad audience?

Likelihood of Success

How likely is this idea to be successfully executed in the short term?

Longevity & Sustainability

How long will the idea's affect last? Will it require regular funding beyond the initial request? If so, is there a plan to obtain additional funding?

Originality

How original is the idea?

Submission Quality

How much effort went into this entry? Was it well thought through and clearly explained?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out ...

Scoring criteria

The Judging panel will evaluate the 30 finalist ideas based on these criteria:

Impact

How deeply are people affected by this idea, and how urgent is the need? How many people will this idea benefit, and will it be compelling for a broad audience?

Likelihood of Success

How likely is this idea to be successfully executed in the short term?

Longevity & Sustainability

How long will the idea's affect last? Will it require regular funding beyond the initial request? If so, is there a plan to obtain additional funding?

Originality

How original is the idea?

Submission Quality

How much effort went into this entry? Was it well thought through and clearly explained?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out ...

Should be indeed. :D

They have been getting all kinds of donations from local business as well.

BHP Diamonds have donated $20,000 and another business in town has donated $11,000 to the cause. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

If that doesn't prove the whole town is behind this thing I don't know what will.

For a city as small as Yellowknife to get that many votes and almost place first with onlt 18,000 residents amazes me. Sure we had a lot of help but per capita we had an average of over 2 votes per every person in Yellowknife during the semis while the first place finisher averaged about 0.5 votes per person.

Pretty cool. :clapping::clapping:

Sure we had a lot of help but per capita we had an average of over 2 votes per every person in Yellowknife during the semis while the first place finisher averaged about 0.5 votes per person.

Pretty cool. :clapping::clapping:

I think it's more a reflection of how powerful a tool the internet is.

Regardless things are looking up for the homeless animals in YK and that's a good thing.