Bear and Bison

Jewelbee

I have looked at this 4 times now. Yes the bear is chasing the bison,did the bear put the hurt attack on the bison? Did the Bison maybe encounter a pack of wolves which he/she escaped from, and the bear caught the scent of blood.

The bison is ripped :w00t: . To me it had to be wolves. The bear would of, IMO,taken him down before he hit the street. Watched many bear vs moose vids,and the bear has always won.

Cool pics.

TFS

from what ive read, the bison was burned in a recent forest fire. apparently the bison got away from the bear but was found and killed by conservation officers few days later.

I tend to disagree.The wounds are to fresh.

Dont always believe what you read.

Edited by BrianB

Park rangers later found the bison and put it down due to injuries it received in earlier forest fires.

It,s May,forest is full of snow,,,,,,,,,,No fires.

It recieved in earlier fires?

I googled,,,,,,,,,,no fires,that I could find. Last one I found was 2008.

there's plenty of fires that never get attention and therefore no google info....doesn't look like damage from wolves so hot springs would make sense.....either way, don't agree with rangers euthanizing it, think they should've let nature take it's course...grizzly would've followed it for days and taken it down eventually

there's plenty of fires that never get attention and therefore no google info....doesn't look like damage from wolves so hot springs would make sense.....either way, don't agree with rangers euthanizing it, think they should've let nature take it's course...grizzly would've followed it for days and taken it down eventually

Mother nature takes care of her own.

I wonder what they did with it after they euthanized the animal?

I just saw a show on wolverines last night and it would have made a great meal for them.

If they put the bison down to end it's misery and left it there some critters would have dined well.