Dirty Catfish pt. 2

GbayGiant

So I seen a magazine with a noodling tournament a while ago and though I'd do a little check to see if I was dreaming. Too funny, one of you southern boys get out there and give us a noodling post, I think it would be classic. :thumbsup_anim::lol:

Here is what they do : NOODLING CATFISH

These are some pics I found, I can't stop laughing, this is funny to me. Who's up for a noodling trip ? :lol: I'll supply the gear and even give you first cast. :D

gallery_322_145_9352.jpg

gallery_322_145_3672.jpg

gallery_322_145_15737.jpg

gallery_322_145_7721.jpg

gallery_322_145_7192.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

Been their and done that..... I am telling you bud the world of catfishin is the greatist. Wait till you see what juggin for cats is all about that alot of fun and a good way to scout for good fishin grounds. I wont ruin it by going into detail just google it you will like it.

Art

Never noodled and would never attempt it, I pokes my minnow seine under a bank in a creek one day and heard a splash like a rock fell in it. Next thing I know the net is pulling away, 25 or 30 pound snapping turtle in it, I couldn`t get out of the water fast enough LOL. Stick my hand near jaws? And we don`t have gators or water mocasins here.

Seen jugging, not really down with what I have seen, some people don`t chase down all their jugs, fishermen find them with a dead rotting corpse on the end.

As I fish for shovelhead I would rather catch them on rod and reel. however I do and have noodled for snappers, The biggest i've caught that way was in the 30 pound range. Snapping turtles will always head into a hole, however other critters, like muskrats do bite and they are somtime found in those holes. a metal rod and a flashlite are my tools of choice for this sport

When a snappin turtle goes into the hole he goes in face first. When you noodle into a hole if you touch shell or feet you don't double check that hole because he will turn around and be facing out by then. Ask "lefty" or "4 finger Fred" about that. Juggin for Cats is still one of my favorite ways to fish for a catfish fry. We run usually 4 orange jugs across the flats with chicken livers on them. We float them in front of the boat and use the trolling motor to keep the boat back but in the area till we get a strike and then chase it down. Using small jugs in deep water is a no no because if the fish can get back to a snag and get tangled and die you have done a disservice to a fine sporting fish.

Art

Crazy SOBs... I love that most of your pictures include the stylish wife beater T... in fashionable colours to boot! Although it looks like the guy stuck in the hole has the traditional whitie on.. love it! Want a fish? Just stick your dun darn hands up in there and grab a mess of 'em!