couple turkeys and a automotive ?

SRT8 smoker craft

Hey guys any mechanics on here? can ya help me out my FWD drive ford escape has been really noisey while driving for awhile (thought it was the tires) and today I had a closer look and it looks to me like the lower control arm bushings are shot so here's a couple pics first is jacked up with tire off second is on the ground.Oh ya the noise quiets down if you turn 1 way any ways here's the pics.

0143.jpg

0152.jpg

and ran into about 20 of these guys in 2 groups while I was checking out the creek

goblegoble.jpg

0133.jpg

couldn't believe they just strolled along off into the corn feild like we weren't even there

Edited by SRT8

Hey guys any mechanics on here? can ya help me out my FWD drive ford escape has been really noisey while driving for awhile (thought it was the tires) and today I had a closer look and it looks to me like the lower control arm bushings are shot so here's a couple pics first is jacked up with tire off second is on the ground.Oh ya the noise quiets down if you turn 1 way any ways here's the pics.

0143.jpg

0152.jpg

and ran into about 20 of these guys in 2 groups while I was checking out the creek

goblegoble.jpg

0133.jpg

couldn't believe they just strolled along off into the corn feild like we weren't even there

unfortunately Skeeter I have been driveing it for a year like this should have called them on it when I first noticed it suprisinly other than the noisey ride there's no other damage tires aren't worn badly or anything CV axles look fine and tierods and struts all look good hope this isn't to expensive though don't want to take away any of my fishing gas $$$

If it sound like tire noise and it changes while you’re turning one way; I'd say it’s likely a wheel bearing beginning to fail.

Control arm bushings when failed much worse then the one pictured will make a clunking noise more so then a rhythmic noise that a tire would.

Yes if they (bushings) were like this at the time of the safety inspection then no, they would not have passed; but it’s been a year?

On some Escapes (if not all) the bushing are still not available on its own; you may end up buying a control arm assembly to get it.

Dan.

i have seen that on many many different models across all manufactures.those bushings fail all the tine. yours is not that bad and probably is not making any noise unless it is hitting the cross member at the bottom.the noise it makes would be a clunk over bumps.if you have a continuous noise i would be looking at the bearings or tires.those trucks also are bad for the front sway bar links but that would also make a clunk over bumps

to replace that bushing ,you need to replace the hole control arm.they don't sell that bushing separately

good luck

travis