Shimano customer service

Whitemikeca

Two weeks ago my Calcutta 300 te broke down. I think the issue was with the pinion gear or maybe a ceased bearing. This reel has been my main musky reel for 4 years now and had > 100 muskys on it plus some saltwater fishing in panama and Mexico. I called Stephen at JB's fishing depot and he told me he would send it in to shimano for me to get fixed.

Today I got the call from stephen to pick up the reel and to my surprise shimano sent me a brand new reel!

I just wanted to give a kudos to both JBs fishing depot and shimano. Fantastic customer service plus fantastic products!

You can thank the boys at JBs for replacing it over the counter for you. Typically, warranty claims involve shipping the busted rod/reel to the manufacturer. JBs handles that for you. Try getting that kinda service at bass pro.

Edited by Raf

My second-hand Shimano Curada Bantam series baitcaster (supposedly re-constructed)

was seized up on the side for the secondary drag adjustment so Mark at Mark's Worm Wharehouse had his wife drop it off at Shimano in Peterborough for repair and cleaning...It seems the magnets were put back in backwards...

Three days later and $8 and it is like new... I used it mostly for trolling but now it is good to cast with also...thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by Beans

I think whats most remarkable about this thread is that this is the internet home of "hey if I can slag something I will" and not one negative post about Shimano's service

Shhhhh!

I buy Shimano because I've never needed service. It's nice to know that when the day comes, I should be satisfied.

Wow, I'm surprised I live so close JB's and never knew they existed let alone heard about them. Plus I need a spare part for my shimano spare reel too.

Its amazing looking all over the net and the source of info is closer to home than I thought.

Thanks

dsn