Emerald Shiner Minnows and leeches

wmshaw

Hi All,

I used to get my minnows and leeches from Rerries on Kingston Rd. and that shop has now closed. I am looking for 3 to 4 inch sized emerald shiners and leeches for a fishing trip this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of a local shop where I can purchase them in the next day or so.

Bill

Edited by wmshaw

I went there this morning and the store was closed with a sign on it noting that the store was available for lease. I looked in and the store was empty.

I called the store number and it came back as unassigned, so it looks like it is now shut down.

I was in there last week, what do you mean it is closed, he never said anything to me about closing .

Edited by wmshaw

Guest gbfisher

Angling Specialties has some, there are a few different locations. Last time I went to the Mississauga one, but call first to make sure they have some.

Proline has minnows....side of the 400 at king road as well..Cousin george was a good place but shut down as well.

Angling Specialties has some, there are a few different locations. Last time I went to the Mississauga one, but call first to make sure they have some.

Yeah that's true,angling specialties has minnows form 1 inch to 6 inches. location in markham also.

if you are ever in the Markham area there is a shop on HWY #7 just West of Main St. Unionville.

I think that store is called "Bass City Bait and Tackle." It's in a little strip mall right near the railroad tracks on Hwy 7. I've stopped by it a couple of times (my dentist is in the same plaza), but never bought anything, even though they seem to have some nice stuff that isn't so easy to find locally.

They definitely have minnows for sale there.