Canadian fishing records

bigfish1965

Guest gbfisher

Not OFAH...I just checked. Amazing how we have such a great fishery and no one seems to be the official record keeper. IGFA shouldn't be allowed to call itself the world record keeper, IMHO. Disgusting to have to pay to see what the records are.

With all the push for C&R. It is virtually impossible to prove a record. So I'm guessing no one really cares anymore seeing as how you have to kill the fish to prove it's a record. Everything else is hearsay.

I say... :D .. catch a record and keep it to yourself. Be happy with the fact you were lucky enough to catch one. :)

I hear the Mods at OFC are looking for more things to do

I am sure they would want to administer it

LOL

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/Mrbeee1954/ofnfever.mp4">

After some inquiries recently, I was told the same thing, nobody keeps Canadian records anymore. Too bad, it would be interesting to see Canadian records.

When I was about 14 or 15 years old, I caught a 2 pound goldeye in the Hamilton harbour tributary Indian Creek on a Mepps spinner by Lakeshore Road. Hardest fighting fish for the size I ever caught, I actually thought I had on a carp which was common in that spot. I was shocked to see such a small fish come to the bank! I didn't know what it was and kept it in my freezer and had it identified later with a fish identification book. I took it to the weigh scale at the old Home hardware on Lakeshore in Bronte (if you remember that scale, your at least as old as I am :lol: ) and it weighed 2 pounds even. I didn't know how to register it as a record at the time, as I was a kid. This was a freak thing, as I never heard of a goldeye caught in the Hamilton Harbour before or after. Mooneye are most common in Ontario. It would have easily taken the Ontario record at the time. The Canadian record was well over 2 pounds from Manitoba (I think over 4 pounds).

Aaron