It's official I finally got my Canadian Green Card

aplumma

I like the way New York does it. I get my non resident online in minutes every year so I can enjoy both sides of the Niagara River.

That being said, if you do not like the Ontario licencing fees Billy Bob you do not have to buy one. As for it being free before in the good old days I guess things changed in New York State as well because the last I heard you have to pay for them there and everywhere else now too. It not just us commie pinko northerners. just having some fun with ya man. :-)

Yes, things have changed in NYS as well but also NOT for the good...my point is the more they charge us for something that should be a right the LESS we get from them. And that includes Ontario AND NYS...or maybe it's just a view from a Redneck like me...LOL

Billy Bob

Bob I'm no youngster :whistling:

The cost of everything ain't like it used to be. I could complain about traveling the thruway in your state, Cripes PN state line to Utica NY used to be free also,then it was pocket change now one has take a loan out, but I still won't complain because I choose to visit there.

My first trip to Ontario 1973 the exchange rate was upside down, I had a hard time understanding why I would have to give an extra ten cents on a dollar, I sucked it up.

As far as the good ole days I can also remember many years where the exchange rate was way in our favor (50 to 60%)I believe we are about par now.

As far as the fishing or should I say "catching" it all depends on where you go in Ontario, places I've been to in the last few years with the exception of Nipissing, it's hard to believe at any time it was too much better

The MAJOR portions of the I-90 NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY has ALWAYS had a toll on it....there is a small FREE section of the I-90 (NYS Thruway) that extends from Lackawanna, NY to Williamsville, NY (about 8-10 miles) but that's it...there is no way you ever drove from the PA line to Utica, NY without paying tolls.....and I'm with you that we shouldn't be paying the tolls as they were suppose to come off in 1996 but as usual the politicians screwed us again. However, the tolls on the NYS Thruway is Pocket Change compared to the 407 in Ontario...and back in the early 70's the exchange rate was not 10% on the Canadian favor but rather 4%....you see I live right near the border and use to live in Crystal Beach for the summer months....my sister still owns a cottage in Pleasant Beach, Ontario which is just down the road from Crystal Beach...but you are correct when you say the exchange rate had been in our favor between 50-60%....most I ever got was 57%....but I still don't see how any of this justifies the Outdoor Card that gives you nothing in return. At least on the NYS Thruway you got to drive FAST without any red lights.. :clapping:

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob

I purchase a Virginia fishing license,Potomac River charter license,Virginia gill net license,three boat registrations and one documented vessel totaling yearly $155.00 all of these go towards marine upkeep and patrolling of my waterways I use. To go up North and fish the fee is less than $50.oo for a week which is used to make the fishing/boating experience better.How could you not want to contribute to something that gives back so much to you?