Smallie Report and a surprise *PICS*

steverowbotham

Well last week I spent a day pre-fishing for a tournament on Balsam Lake, but the pre-fish didnt go very well, and I decided to fish the 15th annual Snowflake event on Georgian Bay.

Ended up weighing 21.36lbs on Day 1 and 20.22lbs on Day 2 and placed 2nd overall! Not bad being that I've never been on the bay for bass!

65436_482539598091_502843091_6883978_2903231_n.jpg

Yesterday, I met up with one of my best friends from college who's down visiting from the Yukon. We took the afternoon to fish Lake Simcoe for some smallies. It wasnt a spectacular bite, but we managed to tangle with about 10 nice smallies, and even got a surprise walleye fishing the deeper water! Great way to spend the day with an old friend!

64322_439906261942_507676942_5397091_2950203_n.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by steverowbotham

Guest Johnny Bass

Very nice. Congrats on the win. And nice eye. Rumor has it that pickerel are being caught on a regular basis in Simcoe. You just have to know where.

Another great report Steve! :Gonefishing:

You really know that area.

Nice Simcoe walleye.

My PB walleye(16 lbs) came from Simcoe ice around Beaverton,(15 yrs. ago) when the season was open until Mar 31 st. There are some brute walleyes in Simcoe, saw many coming off the ice in 15-20 lb. range. Football walleyes.. um 'pickies'.