TTC and Sportsmen show

misfish

Ok gang. If I want to hook up with the subway,where is the closet one from the 400 ?

Was thinking of heading down after work saturday late afternoon.

Whats my route ?

I hear theres no FREE parking anymore at OP, so thought I would take a trip on the under ground mole.

Brian, I don't think CNE is on the subway line. I could be wrong, but it seems too far south and west to be be on either the yonge/university loop or the bloor west line. You might need to take a bus from Vaughn Mills to a subway, subway down and then another bus... For that aggravation, seems like it would be worth it to drive and park?

Charles

Charles would be correct. You can do as suggested and drive into York Dale..park..head for the South East corner of the complex and you'll see the subway entrance doors under the overpass/Allen Expressway. Ride it South all the way down to Union Station, I would think, and then street car or bus West on Lakeshore to the CNE grounds.

Personally though...with all that said above....I'd skip the Bull and just pay the money to park and save the lost 3 hours you're going to spend on Public Transit to tour the show.

Edited by irishfield

Big buck is on the right track but i would suggest going from the 400 to 401 east exit yorkdale park your vehicle in the yorkdale parking lot close to Dufferin theres a Chevy dealer right in front of the bus stop so look for it so you can park close by and hop on the Dufferin bus it will take you right down to the CNE grounds and from there its a 5 maybe a 10 minute walk.

Edited by PatrickGG

Man things were so much easier when I lived in Etobicoke. One bus and one subway. LOL

Seems like a park and pay maybe the best. I use to park at my grandparents place at Lansdown and Bloor,but ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no thanks.

Just as fast like some say, to take the 400 to the 401 to 407 down to the QEW east to the grounds.

Heck if the boat was out,I could launch at the humber and zing accross to OP. :Gonefishing:

I think you meant 427 instead of 407, but yes, I would recommend that route for sure Brian. Once you're on the QEW get off on the Dunn/Jameson exit and you're practically there.

Imagine if it rains and you're stuck outside waiting for a bus or streetcar while holding the 432 lbs of fishing gear you bought at the show... Could get ugly. lol

Charles

My prefered route to the Lakeshore is 400..Black Creek drive...all the way down it and left after you go under the train bridge. Just follow that street and no choice after a handfull of blocks it turns south.. and then down thru the park and out onto Lakeshore Blvd. No issues with traffic messes on 401 W/427 etc.

If I go that way Wayne,I,ll have to spend another hundred just on meats and cheese.LOL I know that route very well. :whistling::whistling:

Yes 427 Charles. Thanks.

As for the gear well,Im just looking for some deals on spinning reels right now. :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Thanks for the offer Patrick.