Long Point Bay

HTHM

Sorry I am with HTHM on this one. $20 bucks is crazy.....end of story. Innisfil is $25. The way rates go up these days across the board...it wont be staying $20 or $25 for long. I didn't or don't use Innisfil out of spite. That's an hour of work for me...to slip a boat in the water. Keep using those launches people and nothing will change...then again it's the Canadian way. $10 is reasonable... $20 is not right. Good way to turn away tourists.

$10 is reasonable... $20 is not right. Good way to turn away tourists.

Exactly what I said to the marina operators. As well, it is the off season now if I am not mistaken. If I don't want to go in the fall, would I want to go in the summer?

I think the main problem is the north shore launches on LPB are trailer parks first marina's second they make more off of seasonal trailer/slip renters than the weekend warrior so they raise the price if you still come and pay than it's a bonus for them if you choose to drive around the point to the $10 launches it doesn't effect there business all that much.

old cut is my #1 choice coming from brantford. i refuse to pay $20 for the "wear and tear" my dakota and a 14ft tinner are going to do on the concrete ramp. what makes it worse is im already spending another $20 in their store on snacks and minnows most of the time. so, ill gladly drive by them to get to old cut and launch for $10. they are actually fair priced so i kinda feel obligated to give my money to honest people rather than greedy... :whistling:

I would rather have had food for belly. And I still think it is outrageous to pay $20 in order to launch a 14' boat.

I totally agree. I took my boat to a small lake outside of town that only had one launch. It was 6:30 at night and they charged me $12 to launch.

Worst part is that it was terrible fishing. Never going back. :wallbash:

Its sad but true....if people will pay, owners will charge.