Chemong Lake Muskie

LefroyFisherman

Guest gbfisher

Last time I was there, I saw two local guys fishing pickerel hook up with two nice Musky using a plain ole silver Mepps spinner and a worm. We were fishing Musky and we only hooked one little wee one. Not I.

Sometimes smaller is better. Although...using a small Mepps for Musky isnt what I would suggest but down sizing and slowing down might help.

Guest gbfisher

2 weeks ago I had a 35+ incher follow my white and red spoon right to the boat. I've never caught a Walleye that big on Chemong before, didn't know they were in here that big.

A 35" plus would be an Onatrio record class fish. I doubt very much they are in there that big either. Pretty hard to guestimate a fish in the water seeing as they appear much bigger.

Guest Manitoubass

A 35" plus would be an Onatrio record class fish. I doubt very much they are in there that big either. Pretty hard to guestimate a fish in the water seeing as they appear much bigger.

I'm assuming he was referring to muskie.

a 35" walleye would be nice though! Would be roughly 14-15lbs

Edited by Manitoubass

Guest gbfisher

You had mentioned a 35" plus and walleye at the same time. I was hoping you were talking about Musky with measurments like that. :D

Manatoubass...He said 35" + .... :) Last 16 pounder I caught was in the 33" range.

Ontario record Walleye 22.25 pounds 36.5" ;)

I got bit off this morning there (North end) using a darter jig and a 4" grub. It was 2 quick head shakes and gone. I was using #30 braid too. The current water temp there is 60* and yesterday was 62* for those wondering.

Any luck in Chemong today? I was on the south end, and didn't have much luck....most of the weeds were gone....

Where to target Bass/Walleye in the cold water?

Any luck in Chemong today? I was on the south end, and didn't have much luck....most of the weeds were gone....

Where to target Bass/Walleye in the cold water?

no luck today but yesterday was good. you have to look in deep water for the walter's but bass were scattered and not in the normal spots.

046.JPGGBW, you were in chemong and didnt stop by to say hello?????????????

there are big walleye in there but they are few and far between.

the muskies are there also...

remember that the limits and size have changed this year.

walleye limit of 4 on a sport license and must be between 30-50cm only

muskie limit 1 and must be greater then 44"

046-1.jpg

Edited by skeeter

GBW, you were in chemong and didnt stop by to say hello?????????????

DUDE! If I had heard from you and had and iead where you were I would have for sure!!! Hell, I think I was a few doors away from you at Lakers place! Call my cell this week if you can, cheers and NICE eye.

Edited by GBW