Anyone Watching Real Fishing Right Now??

fishing n autograph

While I love Bob's show, I lose interest quickly in episodes showing fishing that I know I'll never be able to afford to do myself. It's not just Real Fishing either. It's all fishing shows out there. Mostly, if I'm watching fishing on TV, it's because I want to see and learn about things I can do myself. There are probably many people in the fishing TV show audience that CAN afford trips to Costa Rica for marlin, or Knee Lake Lodge for giant pike. Sadly, I'm not one of them. :(

Guest Johnny Bass

While I love Bob's show, I lose interest quickly in episodes showing fishing that I know I'll never be able to afford to do myself. It's not just Real Fishing either. It's all fishing shows out there. Mostly, if I'm watching fishing on TV, it's because I want to see and learn about things I can do myself. There are probably many people in the fishing TV show audience that CAN afford trips to Costa Rica for marlin, or Knee Lake Lodge for giant pike. Sadly, I'm not one of them. :(

Yup. Most of the shows are catered to the wealthy....That's who pays their bills. On the other hand, when they have fishing shows of places close to home they get a lot of complaint mail by the locals.

Guest Johnny Bass

i didn't know that...i figured it's free advertising for your area...

Maybe for the shop owners but not for the fishermen. You'll come and steal THEIR fish.lol