My day out with my boy

SRT8 smoker craft

Took my son Kaleb out for a B-day fish yesterday afternoon he turned 2 we went down to the local creek and I thought we might get into some suckers and silver bass which hang out in the hole we were going to so we get there and start walkin down to the creek Kaleb had to carry the worms and his lightning mcqueen rod :Gonefishing:

fishing09-10296.jpg

got to our spot set kaleb up in his frog chair with a worm on a dropshot rig and before I got my rod ready his almost went in the river I grab it and hand him the rod but he tried to reel the wrong way and a nice little 1-2lb bow flies out of the creek and spits the hook :wallbash: almost had his first bow in the stream on his second B-day that would have been a cool story for when he gets older he did manage to drag in a chub and a sucker and Dad caught a sucker to .we also got a bit of a nature show as we were fishing a small predatory bird was whooping a kingfishers butt not sure what kind of bird it was but it sat on a branch on the other side of the creek for awhile before it flew away anyone know what it is bad pic had to go to 16x digital zoom to get the pic .

fishing09-10298.jpg

This post was inspired by the adventures of Ryan, Averie and Luc LOL

Edited by SRT8

Thanks merc. The bird was small about the size of a bluejay mabye a bit bigger.

on second look, the tail markings look a bit like a peregrine falcon. they are a smaller bird about the size of a pigeon maybe slightly bigger. I cant think of another smaller preditory bird. looks bigger in the picture against the bg

That is one cute kid, great pic! :thumbsup_anim:

And I'm thinking that the bird is a sharp-shinned hawk, if it was small then it would have been a male. The tail is too squared off for a peregrine. They also have longer legs and that one appears to be sitting higher on that perch than a falcon would:

SSHA14.jpg

That is one cute kid, great pic! :thumbsup_anim:

And I'm thinking that the bird is a sharp-shinned hawk, if it was small then it would have been a male. The tail is too squared off for a peregrine. They also have longer legs and that one appears to be sitting higher on that perch than a falcon would:

SSHA14.jpg

Thanks he is a clown always messin around ,your the second to mention the SS hawk only thing I could find that looked simalar was a merlin or a harrier regardless it was cool to see they went right into the water just scrappin till the kingfisher got loose and took off .

Dan B for sure we should take them out perchin but Kalebs only good for a short trip.