My Weekend of Fishing...

The Urban Fisherman

Saturday I volunteered my time to help untangle lines and bait hooks at the Facts of Fishing for Kids Day at Ontario Place. So I decided it'd be a good idea to wake up at 3 a.m. and hit the mouth of the credit for a couple of hours first. There was the usual packed house on the pier and in the 3 hours I spent out there nadda... not even any fish surfacing... But I got an arm workout and the sun rise was bad-ass.

Twilight...

DSCF4310_3.jpg

Sunrise...

DSCF4318_3.jpg

and wider shot...

DSCF4319_3.jpg

After that I drove down to Ontario Place and had a great time with the kids!

DSCF4324_2.jpg

One little guy caught an insanely huge crayfish... the picture doesn't do it justice!

DSCF4326.jpg

Then today I decided it was about time to take the boy out and show him where Averie and I disappear to each weekend! :thumbsup_anim: First time on the big lake with two kids meant Grandma had to tag along in case he lost it on the water! haha He turned out to be a champ and loved every bit of it...

The first step...

IMG_5813.jpg

He had no problems going 25 MPH on the lake!

IMG_5823.jpg

Averie let him use her rod at first because we haven't managed to buy Luke his own just yet... she used my ultralight for a while...

IMG_5831.jpg

The kid got into her usual sunfish right off the bat...

IMG_5834.jpg

DSCF4333.jpg

But she didn't like using the big rod so we let her have her ice fishing rod back and luke and I used the ultra light...

IMG_5840.jpg

Trying to figure out how to use the turny thing... haha

IMG_5848.jpg

First fish (wish some serious help from dad)

IMG_5850.jpg

We drifted along and caught all kinds of little dink perch but the kids had lots of fun...

IMG_5860.jpg

Dad feelin' tall for once...

IMG_5872.jpg

Pointing out seaguls...

IMG_5881.jpg

Averie decided it'd be fun to show Luke how the boat Rocks back and forth! haha

DSCF4335.jpg

Grandma even got in on the action...

DSCF4336.jpg

Then we stopped by the "lookout" on our way home to say bye to The Bay for another weekend...

DSCF4362.jpg

Hard to beat a country sunset after a couple hours on the water.

DSCF4366.jpg

Sorry bout all the pix... I was just stoked about getting my boy out on the lake for the first time... And Grandma is trigger happy with the camera..

Enjoy your work weeks!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Love your reports Ryan.

1st Avery, now the wee lad.....you got quite the team for an Angler Young Angler Tourney right there.

Lol....i was beginning to think Avery was not only a very accomplished angler, but a really good photographer too untill i realised grandma was in the boat too!

Thanks a bunch guys I'm just packing my bags for 2 days of musky fishin' with Dave and Pete Maina! :thumbsup_anim: Dano - he didn't get out in the boat as early as his big sister because I didn't know if I could handle both of them at once... turns out it won't be a problem... as for fishing next weekend feel free to fire me a PM... Friday I have a wedding out of town so Saturday's a no go - and sunday I might be stuck catching up on some house work, but i'll see what I can do!

I'm outta here have a good week!

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks a bunch guys I'm just packing my bags for 2 days of musky fishin' with Dave and Pete Maina! :thumbsup_anim: Dano - he didn't get out in the boat as early as his big sister because I didn't know if I could handle both of them at once... turns out it won't be a problem... as for fishing next weekend feel free to fire me a PM... Friday I have a wedding out of town so Saturday's a no go - and sunday I might be stuck catching up on some house work, but i'll see what I can do!

I'm outta here have a good week!

Cheers,

Ryan

Have fun, man!!!!