B1 thread

darsky

with all this rain and high winds it looks like a real tough go this weekend.Cold nights forecasted too. Hope the fish don't have lockjaw. I am predicting low weights this year and a really tough day 2. I'll be there on Sunday to cheer for some people I know.

Edited by darsky

with all this rain and high winds it looks like a real tough go this weekend.Cold nights forecasted too. Hope the fish don't have lockjaw. I am predicting low weights this year and a really tough day 2. I'll be there on Sunday to cheer for some people I know.

Wanted to join as a scrutineer however got inventory this weekend. Maybe next year!

Who are the people you're rootin' for so we can follow it all Saturday eve after day 1 along with some of the previously mentioned names?

Cheers G.

I have quite a few buddies fishing it as well. Hope the winds stay down for them this weekend. From what I have heard it's a tough bite. But someone will gett'em.

I am going to go with the Izumi's, Deforges, or Strub. But I hope Sims can pull it off with all the pressure on them to repeat. In the end the fish have the last word anyways.

Edited by Harrison

I have quite a few buddies fishing it as well. Hope the winds stay down for them this weekend. From what I have heard it's a tough bite. But someone will gett'em.

I am going to go with the Izumi's, Deforges, or Strub. But I hope Sims can pull it off with all the pressure on them to repeat. In the end the fish have the last word anyways.

Sim did not win the event last year-he was not even in the top 15. I do not think any of them will finish in the top 5

Sim did not win the event last year-he was not even in the top 15. I do not think any of them will finish in the top 5

I am talking about the St Francis and 30lbs Canadian record he won the event with there last year. There is some awesome big water great lake anglers signed up.

Barry Graves and Jason Gough are there as well, consistant big water fall smallie guys.

I plan to fish it next year. Maybe he'll move it alittle more west.. Kingston would be perfect.

Edited by Harrison

Marvin was in 13th place after day one which is pretty darned good considering who the players are. I have no idea on today's results as I could not attend today's weigh-in. I hope Larry Lafleur (LungeLarry) made some progress....the dude is good at what he does.

Currie was last to weigh in and needed 17.70ish to win. The scale settled on 17.18 for a tremendous second place. None of the 3 teams over 24lbs from day 1 shined today. I bet one dropped fish was the difference today. Only one limit was over 20lbs today with most teams reporting difficult fishing. I believe Smalliefisher ended up a VERY respectable top 15

Edited by darsky