S N A G G I N G - Rant

kingjames_2nd

today its was pretty good out in the rivers didnt see too many people snagging. just one guy spooking all the fish but he left after two hours. its the people that come in shoulder to shoulder casting into your spots that piss me off.

im sure he means, a spot he was fishing. not "his spot"

What i hate the most is when i find a nice pool all by myself and someone stops and fishes beside me (on my shoulders) and cast an anchor out with a toonie sized roe bag.. just irritating.

I think salmon fishing is not even fishing at all – snagging in all situations. Salmon is not feeding when it goes into home rivers for spawning. I hope MNR will stop that! Even in Ontario, during the summer time, on the big boat is not a challenge to take out of the water a huge pig using heavy equipment. Drink and watch – girls can do that! The real challenge is to take out on the shore a 8–10 pound pike or muskie using ultra light road with 4 lb line without any boat and landing net.

Edited by spyder3g

I think salmon fishing is not even fishing at all – snagging in all situations. Salmon is not feeding when it goes into home rivers for spawning. I hope MNR will stop that! Even in Ontario, during the summer time, on the big boat is not a challenge to take out of the water a huge pig using heavy equipment. Drink and watch – girls can do that! The real challenge is to take out on the shore a 8–10 pound pike or muskie using ultra light road with 4 lb line without any boat and landing net.

I've never fished for salmon in the big lakes but I don't think it's that easy to find fish in such big water, especially as a salmon-newb, I wouldn't know where to start. I give those guys props any day.