French River in early October?

myst

Does anyone know if the walleye, pike and maybe musky are still biting at this time? I've read some threads about the water levels being low on the French this year, have they improved by now? We are thinking about staying at Wolseley Lodge, any info would be appreciated!

You could try calling the Lunge Lodge? ask for Mike Pettry he was always a straight up guy, as I understand it him and another guy that we fished with bought the place.

Now that I think of it that is part of his head in my avatar, like 22 years ago.

Edited by OhioFisherman

Yup, the fish should still have the feed bag goin' on! I go the first week of October pretty much every year to Dry Pine Bay. Try the current, drift through it or anchor off to the side and cast in. I was on the French middle of August it was down about three feet. Take it easy if your not sure where the rocks are as most of them are unmarked.

The nice thing about low water is you can see where the shoals are for next year when the water is higherthumbsup_anim.gif (hopefully)

Here is a website i use to track the water levels. http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/ontario/eaux-water/renseignement-information-eng.html

Tight Lines!!!

K.S

I'll be at Crane's on the lower the first week of October. I was there 2 years ago same week and it was so cold, I stuck to trolling (which is not my favorite). On 4th day, caught a 43' muskie on a big trolled spinnerbait....drove back to camp, packed my gear, and went home ( Ohio). I sure hope it's warmer this year. This is BIG fish time.