Lake erie pink salmon

vinnimon

I havent been out for them in quit a while,actually years!The last time out its was awesome,they were fiesty and furious,an unbeleivable experiece I may add.It was the year for them in the trib!

Ive scoped around and didnt see any nor here of anyone catching any!

Are they still there in an abundance?Or is it a chance of luck to have one nibble the line these days?

Or is everyone tight lipped as back then?

Pm me if you like,dont wanna give out the holes for these gems!Cause i know were they used to venture!

Pinks in Erie??? I remember years ago when they ran in through your back door, Spencer Creek..... thick too....but all the runs have gone down hill since the construction of the carp barrier and the RBG loves it when Cootes silts in, they can plant more plants!!!

Burt :)

That's funny that you mentioned Pinks. I remember how they'd show up in Erie tribs back in the mid 80s. At that time, we'd be fishing for Bows and didn't like hooking into Pinks because we were told they were such terrible tablefare.

Anyhoo, I also remember being told they ran the tribs every 2nd year. Is that true???

Out of sight, out of mind, but it would be nice to know they're still around.

Edited by Mike Pike

That's funny that you mentioned Pinks. I remember how they'd show up in Erie tribs back in the mid 80s. At that time, we'd be fishing for Bows and didn't like hooking into Pinks because we were told they were such terrible tablefare.

Anyhoo, I also remember being told they ran the tribs every 2nd year. Is that true???

Out of sight, out of mind, but it would be nice to know they're still around.

I think its every 4 or 5 years for the big run,everyother year its a tiny run!But I cant recall the year I was out there last,when the big run was in!I just love how they fight,fast and furious!Tough little buggers too!!!!!

Got them about the same time frame in Erie tribs in Norfolk County. The Pinks were the result of a couple of accidental stockings of a single age class back in the 50's, an accidental sewer discharge and an engine problem on a float plane from what I understand on Lake Superior, had to dump them, so intially you would see them only in odd years but a smaller run otherwise in even years as they became established. They were intially raised to establish a run in Hudson's Bay, couldn't figure out the logic in that plan :wallbash: Too bad all stocking plans don't pan out so well with a few thousand fish in a one shot deal. :whistling:

Got them about the same time frame in Erie tribs in Norfolk County. The Pinks were the result of a couple of accidental stockings of a single age class back in the 50's, an accidental sewer discharge and an engine problem on a float plane from what I understand on Lake Superior, had to dump them, so intially you would see them only in odd years but a smaller run otherwise in even years as they became established. They were intially raised to establish a run in Hudson's Bay, couldn't figure out the logic in that plan wallbash.gif Too bad all stocking plans don't pan out so well with a few thousand fish in a one shot deal. whistling.gif

So im guessing, their no longer around at the erie tribs?Its been a while and no mention of them!

New owners of a certain area makes it hard to check to see if they are there!

I had the outmost respect for the old owners of the property!thumbsup_anim.gif Kudos to them!

Pinks are definately still in Erie. I caught one last fall in an Erie trib, and a few the year before! Actually saw quite a few in the trib that year as well....so I imagine there should be a decent run this year, or possibly next!

So im guessing, their no longer around at the erie tribs?Its been a while and no mention of them!

New owners of a certain area makes it hard to check to see if they are there!

I had the outmost respect for the old owners of the property![img]http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif[/img] Kudos to them!

This pissed me off as well.

Got them about the same time frame in Erie tribs in Norfolk County. The Pinks were the result of a couple of accidental stockings of a single age class back in the 50's, an accidental sewer discharge and an engine problem on a float plane from what I understand on Lake Superior, had to dump them, so intially you would see them only in odd years but a smaller run otherwise in even years as they became established. They were intially raised to establish a run in Hudson's Bay, couldn't figure out the logic in that plan :wallbash: Too bad all stocking plans don't pan out so well with a few thousand fish in a one shot deal. :whistling:

There's still some around in norfolk but most tribs that they run are closed before they run, so I have been walking the creeks just for the nature show. if I find any this year I will take some vids and post for you guys saw a bunch a couple years ago and caught 1 while steelheading