ice fishing *$#@*&!!!!!!!

ryanheritage

I think thats it for me and ice fishing.........Went to "old faithful lake" today and got skunked. I haven't caught even a cold this winter ice fishing. Im so aggrivated... beautiful day!!!! wow no gloves open coat and a sunburn to boot!!!! heres a few pics. enjoy!!!

maybe a power auger would help???? after slamming holes into 24-30 inches of ice all day for nothing maybe thats why im so fed up with this marvelous, can't get any better sport!! lol.. Hope anyone out today had better luck then me.

DSC00490.JPG

DSC00491.JPG

well thats to bad you got skunked all winter,where were you fishing all those times,you might have to go over your stratagies,and do a new game plan.. :w00t: ..were you going real early in the morning,and of course staying for the late afternoon & after dark bite,that can be the best 20mins of the day,sometimes after sundown ya can get em real good .. :blink: ..sometimes we will get walleyes 3hrs,after dark and hit 3-4 fish in a half hour,let us know what you were doing and maybe we can help you out a little,....cheers dont give-up :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thats fishing you get skunked :wallbash: .Sooner or later you will be on to fish.I suggest renting an ice hut.the operators of the huts will put you on fish.I know how you feel about drilling holes yesterday it took me a good five minutes to go through almost 3 feet of ice for one hole to move my son to another location.An 8 inch hand auger requires alot of elbow grease eventhough the auger is new.Keep tryin it does become rewarding .Like fishin Devil says tell us how you are fishing and many people can help.MTP :worthy:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Been out with opererators mitchells in beaverton, then up to the cottage to a summer hot spot 3 of them actally but no luck... I used a variety of techniques, minnow tip bad boy, rap jigs, plastics, tube, spreader... big jigs, little twichs, not moving , random movements..... just got beat thats it

Yep .. know the feeling ... not even a BITE all season .... thats serious .... but then the REAL problem is I didnt get out ENOUGH ... and it was all over too FAST

(I say its over .. cause .. welll ... now that the steel are thick and furious ... it seems silly spend a day sitting idly by on the ice (if there even is any) ... on the other hand ... if I go up to Muskoka this weekend ... well .. ya know its gonna be ice fer sure :)