brief Bisco report, no pics

chris.brock

stayed at Grey Owl, nice outfitter although $45 for 5 gallons of mixed gas is a little steep,

they said the party in our cabin the week before did really well, we crunched the numbers, they had caught about 5.6 fish/ guy/ day, we did about the same, my best day was 11 walleye, the biggest walleye was around 2.5 lbs, no big pike, lost about a 6 lbs pike when it grabbed my walleye on the way to the boat

portaged into Indian for a day, fishing seemed only slightly better than Bisco, the guys we saw in Indian said that people flying into Indian often portage the other way into Bisco

we still had a great trip, lots of laughs, decent fishing and great scenery, we won't go back though

Some guys I know were in Ramsay last week. The caught and ate their limits (4 guys) twice and brought their limits home too. Two of them also brought home limits of nice sized pike. They had some breif periods where they were consistantly getting double and tripple headers and then the bite would die off.

When you are up in the boonies, you have to remember that every gallon of fuel needs to be boated in so yes, it will be expensive. The lack of fish is kinda frustrating though, only 5-6 walters per day isn't much. There is always a trip next year..........