Fishing opportunities at 50 Point?

sneak_e_pete

Hi all, I live in Grimsby and am about a 3 minute drive from 50 point. Are there any fishing opportunities out from there? I have a 16 foot aluminum with a 40hp, but don't have downriggers. It would be great if I could take advantage of some fishing close to home rather than driving a few hours. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

plenty of people fish the marina in the fall and do well for browns and i've heard of people doing well straight out from the gun range as well. soon enough alot of nice fish will be coming in close so you should be able to manage a few.

Many moons ago, (more than I wish to think about), we used to troll from the back of the wave pool in confederation to the bottom of Greys Rd. A blue and silver Cleo with Berkley Trout scent was always good for a few fish... I remember my little brother getting fish right off of the rocks along there too... They ARE there... Or more likely, WILL be there...

The pier at the foot of Elizabeth by the old pumphouse and the dead end roads at Place Polonaise and further west at the radio towers all will produce fish in the spring and fall, off shore wind is best as the water temps drop then. The harbour at Fifty does get a run of perch in the spring and surprising there is a pretty good population of largemouth bass in there as well. A few wayward Kings and browns to be found in the harbour in the fall as well. The Forty Mile Creek would get a run of salmon and bows when I first moved here in the 80's but the water is so low anymore that is finished, maybe if the lake comes up a couple of feet and a good rain. Your boat will be fine for the excellent spring fishery here, riggers are not necessary, then.

The pier at the foot of Elizabeth by the old pumphouse and the dead end roads at Place Polonaise and further west at the radio towers all will produce fish in the spring and fall, off shore wind is best as the water temps drop then. The harbour at Fifty does get a run of perch in the spring and surprising there is a pretty good population of largemouth bass in there as well. A few wayward Kings and browns to be found in the harbour in the fall as well. The Forty Mile Creek would get a run of salmon and bows when I first moved here in the 80's but the water is so low anymore that is finished, maybe if the lake comes up a couple of feet and a good rain. Your boat will be fine for the excellent spring fishery here, riggers are not necessary, then.

I always see a some nice largemouth in the marina when I'm down at my buddies sailboat.

The Forty Mile Creek would get a run of salmon and bows when I first moved here in the 80's but the water is so low anymore that is finished

there were plenty of nice bows in there this spring, i did pretty well for myself. personally havnt fished it in the fall so i'll have to see if i can manage any.

No more bows in the 40, what the heck are those silver trouty looking fish I get winter and spring

No more bows in the 40, what the heck are those silver trouty looking fish I get winter and spring

Oh a few will come in and get upstream on a heavy rain and flood conditions, then few days after they are pretty well stranded in isolated pools when the water drops, just not my cup of tea. I live a 2 minute walk from where it goes under Olive St.