how to build live well ????

skinny

my boat doesn't have a live well in it but I have been thinking of building one just not sure how to go about it. How big should it be ?

what to make it out of ? what to use for pumps to get water in and out (not sure I want to put a hole in my hull)

so looking for pros cons and such

The others have it right. If you absolutely need a livewell, use the appropriate sized cooler.

IMHO, unless you're doing live release tournaments, a livewell is useless. If you're a C&R guy you don't need a livewell. If you want to keep a fish or three for dinner, you're best to dispatch the fish and put it on ice. I have a 42" livewell on my boat and it is now a storage compartment for tackle. If I need to have minnows aboard for any length of time, I use a cooler with a $35 aerator kit. But that's just me....

Looks like I'm cooler shopping

building one is complicated but here it goes if your into it,

You need to source out a rotational moulder ( there is one in Mississauga ) find the right tank you ll have to build a base of 2x2 to sit it on and fll the cvavity with rigid foam.

Cut the top of the tank to fit a hatch of some sort and make sure its supported on all sides, ( if your looking for 30 gallon plus I also suggest some sort of baffle system to prevent water sloshing)

2 500g water pumps and 1/2 inch abs piping secure 1 pump to the bottom and one pump close to where you intend to have a water intake ( it might require a hole in your boat below the water line ) run the power from a battery to both pumps and some sort of toggle switch run the plumbing from the pump out somewhere outside of your boat ( requiring another hole ) source out the fittings for the hull attach them and your good to go.

Sounds like a lot of work but a solid afternoon and its done.

the cooler though is about 30 seconds to buy