Friday muskie report... changed lakes

Fisherpete

Thanks Bly! I have truly enjoyed both the fishing and creation of this summer's reports! Greg's camera work was a bit shaky on these two, as was mine in the previous video, but I'm sure we will get some even better footage as time goes on. The boat was a mess when we got these two, rods, lures and bags everywhere... made it difficult to hang over the side and get the camera in deep for a good shot...

I just checked the Acklands Grainger website... they do carry Knipex products but unfortunately I didn't see any bolt cutters listed...

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AGIPortalWeb/WebSource/Main/globalSearch.do?%7BglobalApp.quickSearchSearchType%7D=&%7BglobalApp.quickSearchCriteria%7D=knipex

Edited by Fisherpete

LOL thanks Henry... did you paint the hull with muskie attractant too? The boat has been great so far... loving it. Hey - one question for you, when I mounted the trolling motor I used a piece of 3/4 ply underneath as some additional support, but I still find the front triangle a bit flexy (not the cast part where the light is, but the aluminum sheet metal ledge behind it). Seen any modifications to beef this area up? I was thinking of some square aluminum tubing underneath, but am not sure how to mount/rivet it to the sides of the boat. I'll try to take some pics so you know what the heck I am talking about... here's the pic of the boat from the Legend website and the area I am talking about.

2010_16_prosport_overhead1.jpg

Hmm how about using that tubing or flat piece of metal underneath and pop riveting it the side. I would use the same size rivets on the boat. It might work

if you need to cut heavy hooks in a hurry, like when you've got one in your hand and a nasty fish on the other end/quote]

that's making me cringe just reading it. I think it happened to Joey with a dink pike at lakair a few years back...imagine a 20lb angry fish hanging off you...ouch! great report Pete, another successful outing!

Edited by Rizzo

Thanks Rizzo... I had a Grandma stuck in my forearm earlier this year, ALL 3 TREBLES too... with around a 7-8 pound ski attached... luckily I grabbed her behind the head with my free hand (Can you say death grip???) while my bud pulled the hooks out of my arm for me... I was very lucky that the hooks didn't get very deep... and just came out with pliers... still hurt like a BEEYATCH though!!!