A little Simcoe report

Cudz

Fun morning on Lady Simcoe. Managed 20+ bass between the two of us and probably lost at least 10. Took about 2 hours to find them but after that it was a good time. No big fish though but still nice to see lots of fish in the 1.5-2.5 pound range. Biggest fish was 3.4 pounds and was starting to beef up a bit.

Pic of Jimmy with nice 3.4 pound small jaw.

aug24smallie.JPG

good stuff. still dieing to try out simcoe for my first time soft water trip.. just havnt been guts enough to use my 14' tinny for obvious reasons (its only got a 9.9)

Prevailing wind in NW. I spent the better part of the last 2 years in a 1960s style 12' (actually 11'6) with a somtimes-working 4 hp motor. I fish the n and nw side of lake without issue. Look at the wind report for barrie and Orillia and go for it. I can help you out a little bit (not too much ;) )

We fished the n side of the lake yesterday with a south wind and we fished out of a 14' with a 20 on the back.

That's a beauty, Cudz!

I betcha if you ran a poll, ppl would be guessin' around 4.5 to 5.5 for that!!

Ha. He is a big guy with a long reach and I am a good photographer. It was a fat fish but not too long. Legit 3.4 pounds. When I saw it I guessed it was 3.2 pounds. He guessed 3.5 pounds. I guess he won unless we use the price is right rules. lol

Prevailing wind in NW. I spent the better part of the last 2 years in a 1960s style 12' (actually 11'6) with a somtimes-working 4 hp motor. I fish the n and nw side of lake without issue. Look at the wind report for barrie and Orillia and go for it. I can help you out a little bit (not too much ;) )

We fished the n side of the lake yesterday with a south wind and we fished out of a 14' with a 20 on the back.

hm very true. well I guess I will try and talk my friend in going! well use his boat first. (my 9.9 doesnt always want to work and well he has a 25 on his)

A few weeks ago, we were staying a Sibbald Point PP and went out sihgin around Georgina Island. Past the island, the waves were huge. The whole time we were there, there were whit caps. is it alwasy rough? What is the fishign like around Georgine? We caught 4-5 largies, but nothing special.

Georgina, Thorah and that whole East side of the lake get pounded. The prevailing winds even in the summer seem to be NW. I have fished there before but for me the rough water is not worth me possibly getting bigger fish. I do alright where I fish. No complaints about the fish or waves (generally speaking)