More Bruce Penn Smallies

Banger68

I got back out with my son Smallie fishing again and brought my nephew along. The fish were a little smaller this time, but more of them. And the little guy hooked into them this time.

We headed out to lake about 5PM and crap ... there were boats tubing all over. Never seen this many boats on this small lake. Launched out and hoped the fish were not spooked.

FromIphone016.jpg

It was encouraging when I got this one 1st cast

FromIphone017.jpg

FromIphone019.jpg

FromIphone020.jpg

FromIphone021.jpg

FromIphone023.jpg

FromIphone025.jpg

My son had alot of fun with this one. It jumped at least 4 times and was more then a body length above the surface.

FromIphone026.jpg

FromIphone027.jpg

FromIphone028.jpg

An new PB for my son. He was really enjoying this trip.

FromIphone030.jpg

They gave me some ribbing on this one. It wasn't much bigger then the lure.

FromIphone031.jpg

We caught a few more but it pretty much shut down as the sun started to set and a storm rolling in.

The next morning we decided to get a couple more hours in after the storm passed.

FromIphone032.jpg

FromIphone033.jpg

FromIphone035.jpg

FromIphone036.jpg

FromIphone039.jpg

FromIphone040.jpg

The action wasn't like the day before but still some decent fish.

Edited by Banger68

Awesome Report & Thanks for Sharing

Looks like a great family outing and a quality day of bassing. Your day was probably better than fish #4's. That fella looks to have taken one in the gills.

A nice mix of colours on those fish, must be lots of different structure in the area.

Cheers,

Ryan

Awesome Report & Thanks for Sharing

Looks like a great family outing and a quality day of bassing. Your day was probably better than fish #4's. That fella looks to have taken one in the gills.

A nice mix of colours on those fish, must be lots of different structure in the area.

Cheers,

Ryan

Beleive it or not ... it was hooked in the tongue. I had another do this last time I was at this lake. I kept an eye on it when released. I would have kept it for the table if was in any distress when put back.

All the structure is weeds. But they vary from 5' of water to about 12'.

Edited by Banger68

Guest natron

Wow, thats a great day of bass fishing! Would have been a nice bag for some lake tourny's up near my area, lol. Looks like you would have had a 16-17lb bag

I can tell just by the fish colours that on top of weeds you also have rock and wood structure in that lake.

There is one rock bar, more like moss on fist size gravel that is only 14' long in 5' water. The rest is different weeds, no wood. The 1st 10 fish were caught in the same weed bed around that bar. Can't explain the colour difference, other they seem to be darker/browner the bigger they are.

But the lighter ones were out on a deeper weed flat.

I know that sounds backwards, but this lake always seems a little different. I catch the bigger fish on 6" Plum Lizard ... guess they think they are LB. ;)